Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently procured a Gemmy Zultan machine. I'm interested in fixing him up and was hoping for a bit of help.

Most of the mechanics work except for the curtains and the eye movements. I read the previously posted repair fix for the curtains, but when I tried to open the gear box, I couldn't manage to get it loose. I took out the two visible screws, but the outer gearbox wasn't coming off and I didn't want to force it.

I also noticed someone had previously stuck cardboard inside the gearbox to keep the curtains open, possibly after a failed fix attempt...so it may be beyond help...

The eyes do light up, but they don't move. I haven't the faintest idea of where to go with that.

Finally, I'm missing the DC plug, wireless microphone, ring, tarot cards, box, and the four feet a the bottom of the case (broken off). I'm interested in purchasing these pieces if anyone has a lead on them.

Thanks for the help with this!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I actually got Zultan's eyes to work. When I turned him on, i could hear the motor struggling. At first i thought it was his mouth, but it was actually the eyes.

Working on a hunch, I opened the case, grabbed some food grade machine lubricant, and worked a tiny bit around the edges of the eyes, under the mask, and basically just loosening it up. My hunch was that the eyes were sticking to the face mask.

When I turned it on, the eyes worked again!

So, that's one problem down. Still could use help with the curtain gearbox and locating the parts and accessories mentioned. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually got Zultan's eyes to work. When I turned him on, i could hear the motor struggling. At first i thought it was his mouth, but it was actually the eyes.

Working on a hunch, I opened the case, grabbed some food grade machine lubricant, and worked a tiny bit around the edges of the eyes, under the mask, and basically just loosening it up. My hunch was that the eyes were sticking to the face mask.

When I turned it on, the eyes worked again!

So, that's one problem down. Still could use help with the curtain gearbox and locating the parts and accessories mentioned. Thanks!
[/What do you have to undo to get to the eye motor after the lid is off ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ZainZora1
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing