Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought the Gemmy 5' Witch with Cauldron. Everything is great except that the hands seem to need something like Vasiline to make them slide on the stirring stick.

My big problem is that there is no music or noise - she moves her head & eyes, etc but theres no noise.

The stranger part is that if I take the mic & put the prop into Mic mode, my voice is loud as could be.

So its not that the speaker is blown but there isnt any other noise unless its in that mic mode.

Am I doing something basic that is wrong?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
19 Posts
The electronics on the witch aren't very durable. When I got mine 2 years ago I had to re-solder the speaker wire as it had come off during it's first use.

Since then, I've overhauled the prop as it died on me last year. It's a fantastic prop when it works right. Unfortunately, I think many people on this forum have had problems with theirs as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

can you tell me if the speaker for the witch portion (the music & her talking) if that comes out of the base or if it comes out of her chest?

The Microphone portion comes out of her chest. I dont mind pulling the base apart to see where the issue is. I just want to confirm that the music comes out of her base (or chest)?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Do you know if the witches music comes out of the base? There is a speaker there as well.

I don't get it. The microphone works & my voice comes out of the speaker in her chest.

However no other sounds work.

if the speaker was damaged nothing would work.

any suggestions?

thanks
Rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Here is what I am thinking. The wireless microphone works & the speaker works. The witch doesnt make any noise in the other modes (sensor/on) but she does move.

I am feeling like the speaker is working properly but the "data" isnt being sent the music data.

I looekd at the circuit board, but since Gemmy wont send me any information on the board, there isnt much I think I can do.

If the speaker works with the included wireless microphone, then its not a speaker issue (right)?

This is an issue with the programming not working.

Arrggghhh. To bad Gemmy wont help...

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first thing I would say is not to bother calling Gemmy.

The other thing I would say is:

1. Plug both power plugs into the unit.
2. The lights & fog wont turn on until you put water in the cauldron.

If that doesnt work, I would pop the base off & make sure that the connectors are all plugged in & the wires arent touching or loose.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Im having a problem with the lights and fog in the cauldren NOTHING is working on that!? Anyone have a quick fix to it?
The Witch is notoriously an Epic Fail by Gemmy. The most easily breaking prop that they have made so far. My Cauldron stopped fogging too... =[ Good luck on fixing your Witch and i agree that you should not even bother calling Gemmy, they are usless and a waste of time to talk to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts