Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a broken Gemmy witch with a working head that you want to sell me just the head?

I have a working body, but the head is broken and I can't return her because she was a floor model with no box and I ripped the skin on the chin when I tried to fix the head last night. :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's what I would say to do. They are a great company.
Just make sure to do it soon so you get it in time for Halloween.

My wife and I bought the Gemmy Jason this year and it looks awesome with a strobe effect. Almost bought the Witch but she sold out.

- Shawn
FrightTime Productions
FrightTime Productions - Home

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies! I just emailed Gemmy and explained the situation, so hopefully they will let me buy a new head :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is my reply from Gemmy:
Thank you for your interest in Gemmy products! I am sorry your product has broken. Unfortunately we do not have replacement parts that involve the internal electric and mechanic functions of items. Furthermore we do not have schematics or wire diagrams as the items are manufactured overseas. However you may be able to contact a local electronic repair shop for service or suggestions.

Thank you,
Trisha
Customer Service
:( Sooo... still searching for a head! I might just suck it up and go buy a new witch since they are in the Fred Meyer ad for $69 this week.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called every Fred Meyer in my area yesterday and they are all sold out of the witches. This one is the animated witch that talks , moves hips, eyes, and mouth and holds a broom. THe mouth didn't move, but the eyes lit up and moved. I opened the head up and the chin part was broken off and some of the actual skull part was cracked. I super glued the chin back in so the mouth would move, and went to test it, and the eyes stopped working. So I tried to fix it again and the wires all came disconnected and the part of the chin that I glued ripped. We tried to solder the wires back in, but have no clue where they go, so we just left them all disconnected and I siliconed over the rip in the chin and stuck her head back on. I am just irritated that I paid $100 for her and she was broken, and even more irritated with myself that I ruined her even more.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Same thing happened to my Witch With Cauldron her eyes move, but the mouth doesn't when she turns on i can hear something clanking around inside. I think the mouth fell off inside. Now, i'm scared to open the head up and try to fix it. So, you don't reccomend trying to fix it right?

·
Registered
170 Posts
these witches are crap. I got one also last yeat. She talks for a minute and than goes out. I think I paed 195 for mine last year. I have a neighbor that does electronics he said he would look at it for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to agree, the witch is garbage. I bought mine from yardinflatables. Once i got it, it was defective. I called them and left several messages. several emails No reply. I disputed the payment with Paypal. I found them also on another site, buyinflatables.com and they were a couple of dollars more, but I bought inflatables from them before so know they have really good customer service. Maybe its me, but I like to call a company during the day and speak to someone. Its peace of mind so to speak, and if I have to pay $10 more sometimes its worth it.

This year when I set it up, it seems some chipmunks chewed at the cauldron. I contacted buyinflatables and they sent me a replacement that they had at their warehouse at no cost, they even paid for the shipping which had to be at least $10 or $15. So that $10 I spent extra a year ago is still paying off in this case.

So if you bought it from buyinflatables contact them, they may have a spare head too.

Jeffery Beans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts