Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to pick up a Gemmy Witch that was missing some parts (power unit and staff) for $30.00! I am planning on turning the old girl into an old man and using him to welcome guest in a ticket booth. I need to do some recontruction on the face by getting rid of the hook nose and the pointed ears. Mask feels more like silicone then latex and I was wondering if this is the case will latex stick to the silicone to allow me to change the nose and ears. Also, can you paint silicone? This was an easy process when I thought I was dealing with latex!

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
SIlicone and latex go together like oil and water...they are NOT interchangeable, at least for casting purposes. If it is silicone, use silicone. if it is latex, use latex. Painting silicone is easy, you can use airbrush makeup mixed with liquid silicone and airbrush or stipple it on...do not rub.
You can get what's known as Silcpig from The Monster Makers - 866-521-(SPFX)7739 - Halloween Latex Mask Making Kits, Fang Kits, Special Effects Supplies and more to paint silicone. Another consideration is that your head may be made of vinyl. Although rare, it isn;t unheard of, but I beleive you can paint that the same way as silicone although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I went to that site and checked it out. Was able to find Silc-pig and I also left them an email requesting HELP! Looks like this might be quite the undertaking. I am hoping I can form the ears and nose on the underside using tape or something and then add silicone layers to the top to give me the look I want....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts