Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A message to all money-hungry Ebay sellers::D

Please do not advertise this item as being rare or discontinued! This message was sent as a courtesy to “you” the seller. We at Gemmy Inc. value your commitment to our brand. We have been asked to flag and report all eBay sellers who advertise their listings with false or fraudulent claims. Any listing considered fraudulent within eBay seller policy, such as: claiming an item to be "rare" or “discontinued”
will be reported to eBay authorities.

As of March 2008; we are notifying eBay about sellers who post fraudulent, false, or “inflated price listings” with regards to our products. This particular model will be in two well-known chain stores and online at various online retailers during the 09 season. Please make the appropriate changes to your listing, or you will be reported. Thank you.
Well that's it. A joke that I wish I could send out. I wonder if it would help stop the halloween inflation?! :rolleyes:

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I understand it. Last year the prices on ebay were waaaaay outta control but I don't see how they really can control that.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand it. Last year the prices on ebay were waaaaay outta control but I don't see how they really can control that.
Well gemmy can't. And nether can Ebay. I just thought it would be an interesting experiment to see if a message like this would actually persuaded some ebay sellers.;) I don't understand why 80% of all halloween listings are overpriced? It's like some crazy epidemic! I remember when ebay used to be a great site for finding deals! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think it is great that Gemmy is getting involved so that perhaps we can get rid of some of these eBay Halloween ripoff artists out there.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is great that Gemmy is getting involved so that perhaps we can get rid of some of these eBay Halloween ripoff artists out there.
They're not. I wrote that letter!;)

If it wasn't illegal to send the letter pretending to be Gemmy management, I would. Hey it might work?! But unfortunately THIS is only an inside joke!
I wish there was a halloween crackdown on eBay!:)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
I hardly ever go to ebay these days. It used to be such a great tool 10 years ago, but these day its just 90% a business front.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
now where would gemmy or anyone think ebay sellers overprices their gemmy props ? hummmm i wonder ...oh here maybe
LIFESIZED ZULTAN ANIMATED FORTUNE TELLER - eBay (item 120455824661 end time Aug-07-09 14:50:49 PDT) LOL thats not overpriced that plain ridiculous LOL
OMG! If I had known that Zultan would be a collector's item commanding a price of $450, I would have bought the one at the local grocery store last year for $39 the week after Halloween. Wonder what fool will buy it at that price?

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
Oh my, I have been drooling over that prop for awhile and only seen em on ebay, and always at a huge markup :( I figure Ill probably never get him /sad face

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finding a "deal" on anything on Ebay is almost impossible today. Even prices on non "buy it now" listings get so high... $100 on Ebay for a prop that sells new right at the start of the season in Spirit for $75... and then $30 shipping hahahah!

-Scott
Haunter's Headquarters

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well i see Zultan started a good conversation ;) , at first when i saw the price i tought i have seen it wrong too lol 450$ i cant beleve some sellers in there .......you have to shop around now , we got a LOT of props last year in december from an advertising ad place on the web like craiglist for 500$ and zultan was in that Lot , so i am happy i got him , we got heads up harry too in that lot .

even the Michaels craft store life size witch at 49$ sells for over 100$ in ebay , and imagine if this was bought at 25$ with the 50% coupon , sad ....

Haunter's Headquarters , you can still find deals in ebay , last year i bought an animated broom in ebay for 15$ that is new and works fine , and i got 2 this year for the same price , grandin road sells those for 39$ and so did spirit last year and QVC.

this forum is very helpfull to know the in store prices :) , i use to have only ebay to buy any gemmy props because here we have nothing in Quebec but even at those ridicoulus prices i would not buy them .

·
Registered
123 Posts
I *just* came from Ebay's site looking at Halloween props, and I'm irritated at the prices. I saw the Lifesize Animated Leatherface for $498--used. Gmab.

And do you remem this guy, from Big Lots last year? It was being sold there for $25 at the peak of the Halloween season and I wouldn't have paid *that* for it, much less the price listed now . First--it isn't animated, despite what the ad says and I like the way the seller tries to confuse in the text--does this person actually think I don't know what 'animated' means?? lol.... & this item consisted of a stand with some faux-scrubs on it with a skull at the top and plastic skelly feet and hands glued to the outfit. Blucky parts. I remember him well cuz Big Lots had like 20 for sale at the post-H'ween clearance and no one was buyin' it...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts