Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd start a thread about this so place all your predictions here! Thanks y'all n happy haunting!:D

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
I am looking forward to July when Spirit Halloween will start revealing everything. Last year was a decent overall lineup so I am guessing that there will be a decent variety.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a picture of the new countess? Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
I thought last year was there worst in recent years. I was just not impressed and hoping they are going to amp up their game.

Reactions: booswife02

·
Registered
394 Posts
I also thought last year was a high-water mark in recent years. I'm hoping to see some more like peekaboo penny from last year - genuine startle scares that aren't variants on the jumping spider.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This appears to be a new 2015 Gemmy Life-Size I found it a while back on jmarcus. If this is any indicator for what the rest of Gemmys 2015 Life-size and animation is Going to be like i'm not excited for them at all.
g_55571_5ft_witch_cauldron_L.jpg

The Original Cauldron Witch was probably the best go check out a video of it if you haven't seen it and you'll know what I mean.

The 2011 Witch Holding Cauldron was worst than this i'll admit it technically it is a cauldron witch so I thought i'd bring it up.

The 2012 Witch with Flaming Cauldron was pretty decent sure it didn't have a stirring motion or mouth movement but it was nice to see a new face, I thought the fake flame effect was cool and I really liked the shoulder lights that gave the face some illumination. I'm an attention to detail kind off person so I thought it was a nice touch you never really see that on a Life-size.

The 2014 Sassy Cauldron Witch was pretty good too. The 2013 Sassy Witch had people divided because of how different it was since it was a cute more modern witch rather than the classic long nosed ugly green old hag type of witch were used to seeing. I was one of the ones that liked it I thought it was pretty cool to see something different like that it. I felt like it had a lot of originality and charm. So really when I look at The Sassy Cauldron Witch I see more of a Sassy Witch version 2 a lot more than I see Cauldron Witch version 3 since its really just Sassy Witch stirring a cauldron.

But this....WHATS DIFFERENT HERE?!?!?!?! NOTHING!!! We've seen the stirring cauldron. We've seen the misting cauldron. We've seen this head used before. Buycostumes says the mouth moves by that they probably mean head it wouldn't be the first time we've seen false advertising in a Gemmy Just by looking at it I really don't think the mouth will move and i doubt they'll give it any sort of new head movement. And lastly it lacks the swaying motion something it has in common with the 2014 Sassy Cauldron Witch. If you think about it this is basically the 2014 Sassy Cauldron Witch just without the skirt lights and the cool concept of a modern witch that made both Sassy Witches good props. I feel like the only thing that can save this Witch is if she has some really really really really really really really really really really good phrases and we all know how much of an awesome job Gemmy has done with their phrases in the past few years:rolleyes:

But who knows maybe i'm too quick to judge.Maybe this is just the dud for this year and the rest of the props will be awesome.Maybe this will be that big comeback year for Gemmy we've all been waiting for. I'm trying to stay positive for Gemmy they just make it really hard :(

One last note on the Witch I hadn't noticed this until someone on youtube pointed it out but whats up with the base? That's weird for a Gemmy :confused:

On the other hand I really am excited for their lightshow line up. Last years Fire and ice and Kaleidoscope spotlights were awesome and this years they will be in more colors, a string form and their are these new image projector spotlights and stores like Kmart and Home depot will have them and at way better prices than spirit.

It's sad how Gemmys lighting effects are becoming better than what originally made them famous animation:( Well at least their not completely useless..

·
Registered
255 Posts
This appears to be a new 2015 Gemmy Life-Size I found it a while back on jmarcus. If this is any indicator for what the rest of Gemmys 2015 Life-size and animation is Going to be like i'm not excited for them at all.
View attachment 243259

The Original Cauldron Witch was probably the best go check out a video of it if you haven't seen it and you'll know what I mean.

The 2011 Witch Holding Cauldron was worst than this i'll admit it technically it is a cauldron witch so I thought i'd bring it up.

The 2012 Witch with Flaming Cauldron was pretty decent sure it didn't have a stirring motion or mouth movement but it was nice to see a new face, I thought the fake flame effect was cool and I really liked the shoulder lights that gave the face some illumination. I'm an attention to detail kind off person so I thought it was a nice touch you never really see that on a Life-size.

The 2014 Sassy Cauldron Witch was pretty good too. The 2013 Sassy Witch had people divided because of how different it was since it was a cute more modern witch rather than the classic long nosed ugly green old hag type of witch were used to seeing. I was one of the ones that liked it I thought it was pretty cool to see something different like that it. I felt like it had a lot of originality and charm. So really when I look at The Sassy Cauldron Witch I see more of a Sassy Witch version 2 a lot more than I see Cauldron Witch version 3 since its really just Sassy Witch stirring a cauldron.

But this....WHATS DIFFERENT HERE?!?!?!?! NOTHING!!! We've seen the stirring cauldron. We've seen the misting cauldron. We've seen this head used before. Buycostumes says the mouth moves by that they probably mean head it wouldn't be the first time we've seen false advertising in a Gemmy Just by looking at it I really don't think the mouth will move and i doubt they'll give it any sort of new head movement. And lastly it lacks the swaying motion something it has in common with the 2014 Sassy Cauldron Witch. If you think about it this is basically the 2014 Sassy Cauldron Witch just without the skirt lights and the cool concept of a modern witch that made both Sassy Witches good props. I feel like the only thing that can save this Witch is if she has some really really really really really really really really really really good phrases and we all know how much of an awesome job Gemmy has done with their phrases in the past few years:rolleyes:

But who knows maybe i'm too quick to judge.Maybe this is just the dud for this year and the rest of the props will be awesome.Maybe this will be that big comeback year for Gemmy we've all been waiting for. I'm trying to stay positive for Gemmy they just make it really hard :(

One last note on the Witch I hadn't noticed this until someone on youtube pointed it out but whats up with the base? That's weird for a Gemmy :confused:

On the other hand I really am excited for their lightshow line up. Last years Fire and ice and Kaleidoscope spotlights were awesome and this years they will be in more colors, a string form and their are these new image projector spotlights and stores like Kmart and Home depot will have them and at way better prices than spirit.

It's sad how Gemmys lighting effects are becoming better than what originally made them famous animation:( Well at least their not completely useless..
The coven of witches from Seasonal Visions is probably the best interpretation of the cauldron witch yet.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I predict many rehashes from Gemmy. :rolleyes:

I am however looking forward to what other offerings Seasonal Visions and Morbid will have for this year, they had some awesome looking stuff at Transworld.

Reactions: booswife02

·
Registered
333 Posts
I believe the witches being referred to are these.

witches.jpg

And I too find these as the most impressive store bought witches I have ever seen. You can find the Stitchwick Sisters on Halloween Asylum, as well as other online stores.

Another item of interest from the jmarcus site is this doorbell.

doorbell_eyeball.jpg

How cool is that? I love everything about it.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts