Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to post that I had picked up a blue LED Gemmy spotlight from Spirit Halloween. Brought it home and plugged it in to make sure it worked. It started strobing. And I thought wait, I thought I picked up a regular spotlight which the package is labeled as "Blue LED Spotlight". I remembered there were strobing mini lights but this was a full size spotlight fixture. Well to my surprised the packaging also in smaller print says "Steady On" or "Strobing", and the fixture has a toggle switch at the bottom that allows you to set the position. I thought that was pretty cool to have a choice, plus I can understand why they are $25 before coupon. I might be wrong but I don't think the website said anything about the two positions best I recall, and in the store display, they are set to steady on.

Anyway I thought as people were shopping for their items in these last few weeks, it might be something people didn't realize about these spotlights and might make a difference. Definitely adds some versatility to them and you don't need to buy two different fixtures.

Nice blue color BTW. I assume the other spotlight colors they offer also have the toggle switch but didn't look since I hadn't known about the feature to begin with. According to Gemmy's website, Spirit is the only retailer carrying them.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've been meaning to post that I had picked up a blue LED Gemmy spotlight from Spirit Halloween. Brought it home and plugged it in to make sure it worked. It started strobing. And I thought wait, I thought I picked up a regular spotlight which the package is labeled as "Blue LED Spotlight". I remembered there were strobing mini lights but this was a full size spotlight fixture. Well to my surprised the packaging also in smaller print says "Steady On" or "Strobing", and the fixture has a toggle switch at the bottom that allows you to set the position. I thought that was pretty cool to have a choice, plus I can understand why they are $25 before coupon. I might be wrong but I don't think the website said anything about the two positions best I recall, and in the store display, they are set to steady on.

Anyway I thought as people were shopping for their items in these last few weeks, it might be something people didn't realize about these spotlights and might make a difference. Definitely adds some versatility to them and you don't need to buy two different fixtures.

Nice blue color BTW. I assume the other spotlight colors they offer also have the toggle switch but didn't look since I hadn't known about the feature to begin with. According to Gemmy's website, Spirit is the only retailer carrying them.
Thanks for posting that Spookie. Didn't know they strobed. Any speed control to the strobe? Or could you guess at how many strobes per second / have video of it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts