Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Just bought one of the small Gemmy Witch Spirit Balls. Are the electronics the same as the larger ones?
I'm am wondering what kind of hacks I can do to this thing?
THANKS,
Lakedawgs

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have seen some guys on Youtube turn their witch spirit balls into Madame Leota clones, lighting, dialogue, everything. As for electronics, I'm not sure, I know the head movement is different, but the only spirit ball I have is the small reaper one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you done anything to it or is it still stock?
Cool prop out of the box, but for $5 at Walgreens on closeout I am willing to play with it if its doable.
THanks,
Lakedawgs

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool!
Is there a way to amplify the sound?
I'm guessing you could run the wires to the speaker to a powered computer speaker maybe.
Thanks,
Lakedawgs

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
HalloweenNight-1.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a video of our whole set up. The one thing that frustrated me is we had sound set up for our zombie but for some "unknown" reason it didn't go off on the video but it did all the other times so I didn't even notice! He usually moaned loudly when he moved. The witch you'll see hubby making her go off that was the only issue we had I am thinking because of darkness or blocking her sensor? As long as there was noise she'd go off so hubby had a ax handle he hit on stuff anyways to scare people and she'd go off. I'm sure theres a work around all of that but we weren't too concerned about it this year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool video, nice haunt.
How is the sound. It seems a bit low for using as a prop.
THANKS,
Lakedawgs

·
Registered
24 Posts
For what its worth, I hacked a Gemmy witch and made a madam leota. Works fine but the mechanism is so loud it kinda ruins the effect because you hear the motor so much.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool. I actually printed that forum thread out at work and left it there on Friday.
I will likely do the same and slowly play with it over time.
THanks much,
Lakedawgs

·
Registered
448 Posts
Gemmy Spirit Ball Hack..smaller size needed

Hi,

I am looking for the smaller one like you have. Where did you find it? What is ball diameter?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got it at Walgreen's after after after Halloween Clearance......$4.00!! Not sure of the diameter of the ball and all that stuff is up in the garage attic. It is the smaller of the 2 Gemmy witch spirit balls though.

I am going to dig it out in a couple of months and start trying to hack it if I find something I like.
What are you thinking of doing with one if you find the one you want?
Matt

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Matt,

I want to make the Madame Leota ball posted here (the more "advanced" one that calls for BOTH size balls. Take a look there and see what you think.

CountVonKrolock - MADAME LEOTA

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wow, Dr. TerrorEyes.
Are those your intructions for making Madame Leota? Did you make her?
MJ Deadzines, I enjoyed what you did with the witch that was inside of the globe. I am not cordinated enough to perform such wonders. Dr. TerrorEyes, I had trouble downloading the video for the Madame. I suppose it plays in a loop? I can't even figure out the easiest way to copy-transfer my collection of vhs tapes onto dvd. :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Slaz,

I am adding the Spirit Ball Madame thing to my ever-growing list. I went to the site that has the video (it was filmed sideways) 100_0580.mov and downloaded it and then you have to view it (at least I had to) with Apple Quicktime viewer (free): Apple - QuickTime - Download
Apple - QuickTime - Download

Try that. I'll post it when done.

Thanks!

Bill:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts