Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have the Witch Gemmy Spirit Ball and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it play continuously. I am setting it up in my front yard for a Séance this Halloween and I would like it to play constantly since it will be in the middle of my yard and most likely too far for the activation to work.

Thank you,

Nomadtech

·
redrum
952 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, Thank you very much. I am planning on having it on a table in the middle of a graveyard with skeletons sitting around it. You just made my haunt much better.

I really appreciate it.

Nomadtech

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a diagram or is this just straight forward? Remove the bottom cover and I should see the wires going to the sensor? I would imagine there will be a lot of wires in there.

Thank you,

Nomadtech

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't have that Prop but can tell you that the sensor for props is usually located on the front of the prop either a sound or light sensor with 2 wires on the inside of the prop. I took a photo of the sensor of one of my Spirit Halloween props
20141017_122607[1].jpg

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I took a Spirit Ball apart a few years ago. If I remember correctly, the sound sensor is one of those small, silver discs that kind of looks like a coin battery.

Cut the two wires attached to it, strip their ends and twist or solder them together. Technically, that should work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cut the two sensor wires and wrapped them together. Now when I turn the spirit ball on it plays once and then stop and will not play again until I turn it off and on again. So currently it will not play more than once and it will not work with the sensor. :)

Any suggestions?

Nomadtech

·
Registered
401 Posts
As the OP found, just closing the circuit and keeping it closed for the input will not work as the props will use op amps, transistors, and capacitors to handle the input. Think about for a moment that it has to detect input and then ignore additional input while it runs its routine as otherwise the cycle would start and keep resetting itself to start again and again.

On several of my props I've used a micro controller to open and close relays that were connected to the footpad input on the props.

A simpler method to consider is where someone a while back used a driveway sensor they'd bought at Harbor Freight. It basically has a transmitter that emits an infrared beam that you can place across an entry way and when broken, it sends a signal to a receiver that emits a chime. I think they're like $15 and you could use this where the receiver is near your prop...and your prop will pickup the chime, which in turn should trigger the audio input.

I'll see if I can find the link to the post as it's from a while back.

Edit: that was easy, I just saw where TheMonsterSquad referenced the same post in response to someone else's question. And I was wrong in that it's not an IR beam but a passive infrared sensor (even better).

Take a look at this thread, I think this will easily solve your problem. You just need to wire your sensor back up like it originally was.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-and-step-by-step/120923-extremely-simply-pir-prop-trigger.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts