Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
It's not a gemmy item but Im not sure who makes it.

The description says that it is remote triggered or sound activated. The newer versions have an instant reset. As for the mechs, I'm guessing its just a spring trigger, with the motor attached to a notched wheel. as the wheel rotates, the notch catches the spring trigger and he pops up.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ops...Guess I thought it was Gemmy because I was looking in a gemmy distributor catalog at home and saw it in there. I guess they sell more than just gemmy stuff.

So, does anyone have this prop? or something like it?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have this. I wrapped it in plastic - under the fabric - and it worked ok the first year, but it awasn't designed to withstand any moisture at all. While stored it must have rusted. Didn't work the second year. Too bad. It was a hit the first year.

:(

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really would like to know how this thing works. Does anyone have any pics of the internals?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Mine is packed away in the back of a shed that is full to the doors.

As I recall, the head is attached to a long plastic "rod" that is attached to a base that is spring loaded. Rather like a large mouse trap that has a weaker spring and a stop at the verical position. It also has an electronic "voice" located in the base that screams as it rises and then says something about welcome to our graveyard or something like that.

It has red LED eyes and a crow cawing in the background sound track as it rises, so I put a crow on the headstone I placed behind it.

After wavering in the verticle position for a few seconds, a motor and gears return it to the horizontal position (cocked for the next trigger). It has a remote control or works on sound. IT DOES NOT LIKE MOISTURE.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I wanted if a fogger would be tomuch mosture. if the reaper was in a coffin or crypt filled with low-ground fog and had him rise up out of the fog.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I wanted if a fogger would be tomuch mosture. if the reaper was in a coffin or crypt filled with low-ground fog and had him rise up out of the fog.

Although that would look great, it would be a gamble IMO. The fact that these have dropped from $59 to $39 says something.

On the other hand, I had an uncle in retail who used to say, "If I didn't have it in stock, I'd sell it to you for half that price.":rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the description of the internals. Sounds fairly simple. I bet there's a way to build it better. Hmmmm...now to start using me brain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts