Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Gemmy monster at a flea market last weekend which is in some rough shape. Would anyone have or know where I can get an owners manual or some doccuments on how this monster works? Right now the monster is stuck in a half upright position. The monster somewhat resembles a Frankenstein but doesnt have the traditional Frankenstein looking head.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Brian is this the lifesize guy with the brain showing (see photo on linked to thread below)? I don't have one but remember a few threads a while back on HF talking about repairs to one. As i recall a few people had one. If you could locate the thread I'd say if no one answers your post, try PMing the members who said they had one.

I did check Gemmy's website for lifesize characters and he's no longer on there.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/60732-halloween-gemmy-monster-go-go-go.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! This guy just has a bald green head with what looks like some fake metal plates bolted to his skull.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have zero experience with the Gemmy monster, but have a few Gemmy lifesize. Can you push down on his shoulders and release him, and gently pull him up and lock him in place at his upright position?

I have a lifesize Jason that works like that. He also has a small round button on his base that I push to bring him down.

Maybe carefully try doing both if you haven't already.

My Jason sometimes gets stuck and I have to gently press his shoulders to move him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried pushing down on his shoulders. He seems to be spring loaded but locked in place. It looks like I may have to take him apart and figure out what's holding him in place.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Check under his base, there are usually "pins" holding him down that need to be removed before he can pop up.

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Don't rush to take him apart. Now that I think about it my first Gemmy mummy was a little tricky getting him released from his stored position. Definitely check out the base area. I'd play around with the shoulder push release and look for anything on the base. I'm sure these all release in a similar manner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it! If you reach under his arm pits there are two openings. In each opening there is a hooked pin that sits in a slot. Push down on his shoulders while pulling the pin out of the slot and he pops up! Now, I can start working on proving out all his other functions. That being said, is there a source out there for repalcement parts?
Thanks to all for taking the time to respond to my question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts