Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Gemmy monster at a flea market last weekend which is in some rough shape. Would anyone have or know where I can get an owners manual or some doccuments on how this monster works? Right now the monster is stuck in a half upright position. The monster somewhat resembles a Frankenstein but doesnt have the traditional Frankenstein looking head.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Brian is this the lifesize guy with the brain showing (see photo on linked to thread below)? I don't have one but remember a few threads a while back on HF talking about repairs to one. As i recall a few people had one. If you could locate the thread I'd say if no one answers your post, try PMing the members who said they had one.

I did check Gemmy's website for lifesize characters and he's no longer on there.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/60732-halloween-gemmy-monster-go-go-go.html

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have zero experience with the Gemmy monster, but have a few Gemmy lifesize. Can you push down on his shoulders and release him, and gently pull him up and lock him in place at his upright position?

I have a lifesize Jason that works like that. He also has a small round button on his base that I push to bring him down.

Maybe carefully try doing both if you haven't already.

My Jason sometimes gets stuck and I have to gently press his shoulders to move him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it! If you reach under his arm pits there are two openings. In each opening there is a hooked pin that sits in a slot. Push down on his shoulders while pulling the pin out of the slot and he pops up! Now, I can start working on proving out all his other functions. That being said, is there a source out there for repalcement parts?
Thanks to all for taking the time to respond to my question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.