Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been following new halloweeen lighting products from Gemmy this year--typically like getting the scoop on these things. :) But saw via a Spirit Hallowen email that there's a new product out called the Gemmy Lightshow Projection Time Tunnel.

1) Anyone here have it? If so, what do you think of it?

2) How does it look shined through fog?

I shrugged off new Gemmy lighting products after realizing the whirl-a-motion line was, for me personally, ultimately unsatisfying. Haven't found a good practical use for them and never did figure out how to hack them. Is the effect produced by the Gemmy Lightshow Projection Time Tunnel worth checking out? Anyone have test videos?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else seen this or is it being discussed in another thread?

EDIT: Here's one demo video I just found. Since it's evidently also sold at Home Depot, I suppose I could buy one and return it if I didn't like it. Would love to see one of these blown through fog. Otherwise, I'm probably not interested:

And another:

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
My Walmart had the purple version for $16.88 so I picked it up. I'm not impressed with it. It was more Red and Blue (think Patriotic) than purple and did not have a Halloween vibe to it. I am going to keep it and use it as a lighting effect for the 4th of July next year.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I saw it in person...it's just another kaleidoscope effect, this one has the more obvious bright "lines" which you can see on the garage door. However I think it's a stretch to interpret it as a "time tunnel". One of these, or a Fire & Ice light, could look good on fog. The Fire & Ice lights might even be better - think of the red/orange one on fog, it would look like a volcano erupting!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw it in person...it's just another kaleidoscope effect, this one has the more obvious bright "lines" which you can see on the garage door. However I think it's a stretch to interpret it as a "time tunnel". One of these, or a Fire & Ice light, could look good on fog. The Fire & Ice lights might even be better - think of the red/orange one on fog, it would look like a volcano erupting!
Thanks MrNightmare and Jeff. @Jeff, I agree, the red/orange fire & ice (model #56777) would probably look terrific with fog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts