Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you guys will like this. I walked buy this and gave it a double take. Thinking how could I use this for Halloween as well as Christmas. Then I saw Mp3 compatiple. I was sold! The video is just a Kenny Chesney Christmas song with two table lamps but it has 12 outlets to utilize for your light show. I am thinking for next year to use a light behind my tombstones or a routine with singing pumpkins. The use is endless, not only does it comes complete except a Mp3 player. Very easy to hook up and sounds good. I guess you could run the audio feed to a reciever to better speakers to amplify the sound more. The speaker is a little limited to a point. I am going to use it for Christmas and then utilize it for Halloween. The one sold at Home Depot only does it's factory set Christmas Songs. Oh by the way my wife was under the cover swaying and she did'nt want to move for the video. Sorry!

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
The wife part is funny! The proverbial "don't you get me in the picture!".

I've seen a couple of threads about products like this. You might want to look for them. I remember seeing a thread this year by someone who bought either this product or another one like it and hooking it up to some pumpkins with lights in them and they sang some halloween related song. It was pretty cool. If I stumble across it I'll post here again.

Try looking under "light show".

·
Registered
13,781 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could use 2 of these, only problem is nearest Sams Club is 90 mins away and I don't want to pay the membership fee :/

·
Banned
524 Posts
A couple of things you need to know about these boxes. They can not handle a huge amount of lights. I think like only 1200-1500 watts. So if you are using LED you can use a lot, otherwise you will find you can not control a lot. Not only is there a restriction on overall watts, you can only have 2 amps per channel so that is like 240 watts per channel. Which is deducted from the overall watts used for the box.

The way the action works with the outlets is the 1st outlet has more action and so on until the last outlet which will have less action. You cannot connect more then one box. I am sure you can hook a couple of to share the same audio source, but there is no guarantee they will be synced together.

The video of the signing pumpkins were done with LOR or similar product, not with this box.

They are nice simple plug and play boxes but you will find they are very restrictive.

Also the best way to use these is by buying a FM transmitter or one of those iPod transmitters so you can transmit to peoples cars and don't have to use speakers and annoy your neighbors. This is how users like myself that have LOR or AL transmit the music for guests. Then we just make a tune in sign that says tune to XX station to hear the lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts