Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was searching for lightbulbs for my Zero's nose, I ran across a Gemmy Light Show at WalMart. $68

Looks to be a cheap version of the Light show in a box. 3 channels from what I can tell, pre-programmed with 10 songs. The box didn't have a good photo of the options on the control panel.

But what caught my attention was that it takes MP3 inputs.

THAT could be usefull...

Anyone have any experience with one of these? How does it handle the channels when plugged into an MP3? Say...a little Midnight Syndicate, perhaps?

That 75% off day after christmas sale might be interesting...

·
crossfit zombie
7,580 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thanks.

From the thread and videos, appears it's actually 6 channels. Better than I expected.

"It would skip"

Do you mean the show would quit working?

Also, does it sense the music and attempt to synchronize, or does it just randomly turn lights on and off and happen to play the music as well?

Down in the $20 range day after Christmas might be worth a shot if one's left.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Be careful. There are two versions, one with music/speaker and one without. Home Depot online is where I got mine and all is in working order and no problems to date. Haven't run it full up and am unsure about the total synchronizing, will know for sure this weekend when I run all six channels. MP3 input works fine with my test, but I am seriously considering upgrading the speaker it came with before Halloween, if I don't have any problems with it.

·
crossfit zombie
7,580 Posts
I got mine from home depot also.The sound would skip like it was a scratched cd.I think it was in the aux link cable they sent.It would play fine and then it would mess up.I didn't take a chance and order another one.I didn't really liked the way the lights synced either.However on my thread someone did a really nice light show with theirs.
I used the mister christmas version turned down for my pumpkins(idea from another member)it worked great.I liked the light sync of it better.
I do have the gemmy light show without the mp3 player hook up.It was the first one I purchased I haven't even opened the box itself yet.I just saw it was the non mp3 version and forgot about it.Probaly to late to send it back now since that was sept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts