Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Gemmy LED Short Circuit bulb?

canvas.jpg

I've read mixed reviews on them, saying that they flicker for a while but then end up losing the flicker effect or just stop working entirely.

I have the Gemmy flickering attic/basement lights but they're not bright enough for what I'm looking for so I was thinking about getting a couple of these actual bulbs. Before I buy them I figured I'd see if anyone here had issues with them as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've tested mine and it seemed find, I like the flicker effect. I have it here, I'll grab a lamp and let it run for a while while I'm in the garage this afternoon and report back!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got mine from Home Depot last year and it worked great! It ran 6 hours a night for 30 days no problem. I found having an on switch was nice because there were a few times I needed more light to work on something and it helped out.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Hey Rockstar Graphics, I too bought several from HD last year. Used 4 of them in our setup then. On set was used inside our outdoor mounted garage door lights (enclosed in glass) set to flicker and controlled by an indoor switch. Turned it those on and off each night leading up and including halloween. The other two we screwed into porch overhead standard bulb light receptors (typically use flood lights there) and those were on flicker too. No problems with either set and we loved the effect. The outer covering on them is a plastic not frosted glass. Also loved the switching ability from always on to flicker. Because they have a standard light bulb base you could use in some indoor lamps or overhead incandescent floods for a haunted house effect.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's feedback! I bought one of these tonight on eBay - way cheaper than Spirit. If it all works out, I'll probably get another one for another prop I'm working on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
359 Posts
Reporting back! It worked great for the afternoon in the garage on a regular lamp base. Flickered the whole time without issues. I recommend it, great prop!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts