Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a Gemmy Jason Vorhees for Halloween this year (plus a Gemmy witch). Jason came out of the box missing the locking pins (lucky mine was unlocked) & his arm (that swings) was making a clicking noise (It was a loose screw that once tightened worked fine).

I bought mine from Walmart a month ago & am just now getting around to taking him out of the box.

Anyway, he wont lock in the standing position. He sits at about 5'6" without locking. I push him to the 6' level he is supposed to stand on & he wont lock.

If I try to push him down to the lower locking position, it wont lock either.

So any suggestions on how to make him lock on both ends?

I called the 800 number Gemmy says to call only to find that they now want you to email them (gee thanks for putting the 800 number on for me).

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, since I had to undress him (from the top up) to get to the arm with a screwdriver, he has lost some of his scare apeal (to me).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also purchased Jason awhile back and just opened him Tuesday. I agree about what was said he is really tall, much taller than he appeared in the store. I took a video of him at the spirit store. The one I have his arm at first did not move at all. I pulled on it some and now it works, but not anything like the display at the store. I have a little buyers remorse about him for the price I paid. In defense of him unplugged he has scared everyone who has seen him. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do wish you could turn off the music. I might disconnect the wire to the speaker (I dont think that adds to the scare factor).

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My Jason stands closer to 7 feet tall. I had the same problem with him locking in place until I relized he stands really tall. Then he locked into place just fine.

·
crossfit zombie
7,453 Posts
He is really tall and everyone loves him.Mine locks down great and goes up with ease until almost to the top when I give him a gentle shove being on the shorter side sucks sometimes.I also don't use him full ht I hit that botton in the back to bring him down to around 6 ft 3.But to get him to that range you have to lock him at full ht first.
I hope you get him fixed he is a great prop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts