Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I have lurked for a while and this is my first post. I was in my local Jewel-Osco yesterday, I was checking out the Christmas items and I came across the Gemmy lightshow- this is the one that is MP3 compatible- it was on sale for $37.99 it was the last one left - so I bought it. Can I use this for Halloween??? I would like to do the singing pumpkins- can it be used for that? I don't know if that is a good price- but I thought I would let everyone know in case anyone else is looking for one.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've seen a number of these at the local wal-marts at 75% off. Since they were only $68 new, these are truly a lot of technology for $17.

Craig

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've seen a number of these at the local wal-marts at 75% off. Since they were only $68 new, these are truly a lot of technology for $17.

Craig
Yeah I couldn't resist buying 2 of these even tho I don't know if I will use them are not. I don't do much with lights in Oct. or Dec. I only use spots and Tiki's on my trail.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I got one of these as well. Im thinking it could be pretty cool to set up with an mp3 of thunder. Even if you are just using one or two of the connections to give an affect of lightning.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Yeah I couldn't resist buying 2 of these even tho I don't know if I will use them are not. I don't do much with lights in Oct. or Dec. I only use spots and Tiki's on my trail.
you can send them to me :D

I bought one at 50% off and didn't see any at 75%. I bought it specifically for halloween since I feel you need a lot more channels to use it effectively at Christmas. My plan is to hook six of the pumpkins I bought at the end of Halloween to it then play Thriller all night on Halloween.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I got one of these as well. Im thinking it could be pretty cool to set up with an mp3 of thunder. Even if you are just using one or two of the connections to give an affect of lightning.

I like that idea too...need to get another one down the road

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts

I bought one at 50% off and didn't see any at 75%. I bought it specifically for halloween since I feel you need a lot more channels to use it effectively at Christmas. My plan is to hook six of the pumpkins I bought at the end of Halloween to it then play Thriller all night on Halloween.
That's what I wanted to do with mine but couldn't get it to work right.
so I used my mr christmas turned down. I had 6 pumpkins and each night a different song-this is halloween-monster mash-thriller repeat.Some synced better than others but the kids loved it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

LOL,....I bet my store still has a few left as of yesterday there were 6 of them if they hit 90% off I'll pick ya up another SB. I may just do the JOL's,thunder or just make my 4 spots blink on the backyard trail to make more of a strobe light trail walk.....uuumm ?!?!

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
We found one at our Walmart at 50% and snatched it up. The only one they had, and the only one we saw there! Very odd as I cruised the Christmas area every time I was in there!
Have since looked in 4 Walmarts and none anywhere. Never found another.

Anyhoo!
I had planned on doing a light display in the front yard with it to some Midnight Syndicate!

But that lightening idea is intriguing! I do have a few lightning shows, so no rush on that. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Will walmart really go down to 90%? I thought they stopped at 75%. Let me know if it does because I will deffinatley go back for more!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts