Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received this prop yesterday in the mail. After assembling it, I plugged it in....and nothing! No lights, no movement. While looking at the base more closely, I observed a black cable coming from the right foot with several different colored wires hanging out from the end of it. The wires must have become seperated from the circuit board during assembly. I am trying to find some schematics or have some type of visual to know where the wires go on the circuit board. Gemmy customer service isn't open until tomorrow morning. The only thing I have found even remotely close was how to hack a Gemmy Santa.

UPDATE: I called Gemmy this morning, couldn't reach a live person, but received the recording stating to return the item if I had a receipt dated within the last 30 days. I called Spirit online customer service, and they said I could return the item to a Spirit store for an exchange. Since the haunted girl was a prop from 2007, my Spirit sotre didn't have any available, so I got a Jason instead.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Wait until you talk to customer service. They are very good within 30 days of purchase (or receiving the prop). They replaced my Halloween monster, and left me keep the body of the first one.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
One other thing - double check all connections. The loose wires do sound like an obvious culprit, but go ahead anyway and be sure all plugs are tight, pieces "click" in place, the switch is in the right position, etc. CS will probably ask you when you call, might as well be ahead of the game.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: After calling Gemmy & Spirit, I traded the haunted girl in for a Jason. The ironic thing is while waiting to get Jason packed away at the store, his pant leg got caught in the springs. The patient sales lady got the material out of the springs after an hour of steadily pulling, tugging & prying. Whew! I can't wait to get him out of the box & set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts