Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Last year ASDA (Walmart) here in the UK sold the Gemmy 6ft animatronic Halloween butler prop.

They tell me that there are stocking it again this year, but an "even better" improved version.

Do you guys in the USA know if there was a second gen butler, and if so, how it was enhanced? Last year's did not have a moving mouth for example, but did breathe, said 5 or 6 phrases and had moving eyes.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently, this "improved" version says these phrases:

1. Ah, another guest. So good of you to come.

2. Please, make yourself at home. The master will be about, shortly.

3. Ah, feel free to help yourself to one of my refreshments.

4. Hm, lately, I've been feeling a bit.. poorly. How do I look?

5. Ah, I shall announce your presence to the master.. even though, he already knows you're here.

6. I say, what a lovely outift you're wearing tonight. It truly sets the appropriate mood for the evening.

These are different from the version I have, which says stuff like "Good evening, so good to see you here this evening" and "I hope I may be of some service".

Anyone know if this later version is improved in any way, or just that it has new phrases?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Halloween Butler

Hiya

The Halloween Butler will be new & improved this year cause I emailed ASDA too and they told me this! :) although they didn't say in what way...

This will be the third year they have stocked him, they had him in 2007 too and it was £50! Last year it was £60.

In answer to your question, there are other Butlers in the USA, including a Vampire one, also 6FT! I really want that one and have asked ASDA to consider stocking it. I have not had a reply yet, although by now, they may be tired of hearing from me! :D:D:D If you look on YouTube, with keywords like '''Halloween Butler'' ''Gemmy Halloween'', you will find a few others. :cool:

The Halloween merchandise will be on sale in ASDA from 19 September (two weeks later than normal :mad:)

Can't wait to see their stuff and this year I will buy the Butler! They also said it would be a bigger selection this year as Halloween is on a Saturday so I guess there will be more parties happening... :)

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
I dont think it comes out on the 19th, we got told the 15th and they said across all stores...

So go there on the 15th first and if not 19th...

Ruggerz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gemmy Halloween Butler

Hi Ruggerz

Yes I think you must be right cause 15th is a Tuesday but I think they must have got it wrong on the phone when I called, the guy had to go ask someone. The 19th is on a Saturday - they would not make up new displays on such a busy day, whereas Tuesday is a quiet day so I am sure it must be then...

Are you going to buy the Butler then? What other goodies have you bought? :)

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
im definatly going to buy one....

Ive bought some bones and fingers from there before, but hoping to get some more thisw time as its going to be on a saturday so they expect more stock....

Ruggerz

·
Registered
50 Posts
They also have the Gemmy buter at Menards thats where I saw it. If I'm not mistaken it was $129. Is that consistent with the prices at other places?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, this year's version in ASDA is £70 and looks almost the same as last year but has different phrases only.

The box says his eyes light up, but they do not, they move like last year.

Anyone know if the eyes are meant to light up AND move?

Cheers all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 2009 ones I saw in Asda only moved, they didn't light up.

I have a 2008 version that I bought from Asda AFTER halloween on sale at £40 !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gemmy often put stuff on boxes that is false - I have not seen a single butler with eyes that light up, yet the box clearly says it!

A lot of sellers on ebay are adding to the confusion too, saying they all have the "much improved 2009 version", yet all have different ones:) One claims to have a butler that says NINE phrases - I am sure 5 or 6 is the most I have ever heard, in two different models.

9 phrases??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Asda Halloween Butler - Need Help PLEASE

Hallo,

I bought the Asda Halloween Butler last year. After it was used for Halloween, it was reduced again in size in which it came packed. Unfortunately I have mislaid the built up instruction and can't remember how I can get him to stand up to the right standing height. I would really very much appreciate it if you could scan and send me a copy of the Assemble Instructions, or even give me short instructions how I go about it.

Wishing you a Happy Halloween and Thanking You in advance :)

Regards
Nick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gemmy often put stuff on boxes that is false - I have not seen a single butler with eyes that light up, yet the box clearly says it!

A lot of sellers on ebay are adding to the confusion too, saying they all have the "much improved 2009 version", yet all have different ones:) One claims to have a butler that says NINE phrases - I am sure 5 or 6 is the most I have ever heard, in two different models.

9 phrases??
I know that this is a post from a year ago, but I think I have a Gemmy butler from about 3/4 years ago now and his eyes lit up (He looks like Alfred Hitchcock) however his one eye burnt out.

I'll count his phrases tomorrow just to be sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Nick

I put my Butler up yesterday, so what you need to do is take out the plastic 'pins' from underneath the stand as these hold him down when you box him back up. Then you hold onto his shoulders and he will pop back up again, ensuring it gently clicks into place! And there you go!

Enjioy!! Happy Halloween!

George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh yea, shame ASDA didn't sell the butler again this year, they have the Witch instead. As much as I love Witches, she doesn't seem as good quality as the butler, e.g. her face is just a mask that you slip on and when you lift her dress up (!) she just has a frame! Anyway, there are loads of different Gemmy butlers, so hope they'll bring another one next year like the Vampire or Countess! Check them out on YouTube!! Let me know what you think....
Happy Halloween guys!
George

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with a "midget sized butler when I knew he would grow in size. then I checked a you tube video which showed him being unpacked and assembled and noted a movement made when he was "extended" The solution is, first opend the velcroed jacket of the butler in the back to find the access hole so you can lift the hook inside that holds his head to the neck and remoe the head. With the head off, stand over the torso and put your hands on his sholders evenly and your thumbs hooked inside the neck hole. Push down gently on the shoulders and you should feel a slight spring release and then pull up and he should be able to rise with your hands as you pull up. That worked for me. I reinserted the head and we had a 6' instead of 3' Edwardian Butler, Hope that works for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts