Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
IMO, Gemmy's Michael is not horrible. It could have been much, much better though. The detailing on the mask could have been a lot better. His eyes as well. I'm sure they will not look to good on the released one, similar to the Freddy. I'm sure he will have very little animation. If he moves his head and arm, I will give Gemmy props for that. But I only suspect arm movement. His coveralls are too too bright and need to be darker. His hands either need more blood or more detail on them. They look unrealistic, the skin is too solid of a color. It looks plasticy and not like skin. The hair is also not the best, but not too bad. I hope at least the costume and some minor details get fixed on the released one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also, according to Jmarcus, he is $165. Pretty decent price for him. But I expect one movement. A head turning animation would be a pleasant surprise, but I highly doubt it.

The annoying thing is that the newer, cheap items are the only things that collectors can get. So much of the old stuff is overpriced on eBay, marketplace, etc. People can't experience the old stuff anymore, and greedy companies like Gemmy take advantage over it. Sad time we are living in.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would expect two movements. All the new horror characters have two except Beetlejuice.

I actually like Michael tbh. It looks miles better than the garbage cartoonish Spirit one from a couple years ago that looked like it walked straight out of a Scooby Doo episode.

·
Registered
26 Posts
He is one of Gemmy's best looking modern lifesizes, but he has many flaws that I hope get fixed with the released one. But sadly, they will probably only get worse.
He looks decent for a new lifesize, but is not something we should praise. It's another Gemmy item that is, well, a modern item. I may purchase it since it seems like it'd be decently well priced, but I don't know. I like him better than the other horror characters mainly because I love the character (he's my favorite horror character).

·
Registered
395 Posts
The Spirit one looks like they thought the mask was his face. Like it looks they molded it as his face instead of a mask, plus they colored his hands the same color.

I’m highly speculative the Gemmy one has eye movement which would look awesome. They haven’t done that since the 2017 Black Widow at Lowe’s.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know if the Gemmy one has eye movement, they could very well be part of the head, but I don't know for sure. It would make some sense as they were going to do it for Jason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for posting all of the information on the Gemmy props. The first thing I thought of when I watched the first video is, wow, there are Haunters on the Halloween Forum producing a lot better quality than the mass marketed props. That's a tribute to all the hard work and creative genius, not to mention electrical, animatronics, engineering, art, etc. Stuff I'm sure I'll never master or even come close. 👻 :geek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Email response about the functionality of the lifesize Grinch and the Michael Myers:

"Currently, we do not have video on these two products. Hopefully, we will have something in the next month or so.

Mike Myers is schedule to be available in mid-August. Grinch not until mid-October.

Thanks for your inquiry."

This tells us when they will be available and when the videos should arrive. Last year, we got footage on May 31. Hoping for the same this year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for posting all of the information on the Gemmy props. The first thing I thought of when I watched the first video is, wow, there are Haunters on the Halloween Forum producing a lot better quality than the mass marketed props. That's a tribute to all the hard work and creative genius, not to mention electrical, animatronics, engineering, art, etc. Stuff I'm sure I'll never master or even come close. 👻 :geek:
Yeah well, we collect the "mass marketed" stuff we don't only use it for Halloween since some of it will become hard to find in the future which will make it collectible. And the stuff may not be as good as some other things that "Haunters" make but there are also people out there who don't have the skills or time to make things these "Haunter" are making. So that's why some of us buy this stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That mask does look better than the Spirit one, I ended up throwing my Myers mask over mine to make him look a little better

·
Registered
26 Posts
THIS is how he should have looked. (This is a photoshop I just made.) I would've been sold if he had a design like this.

But this?

Try again, Gemmy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, it's really unfortunate, there's a lot of older items I want but I'll never be able to get them because of the greedy scalpers on eBay. What's even sadder is that I'll probably never see one in person either. The only way I'll get my hands on one is if Gemmy decides to bring back the older ones with the exact same quality (which will probably never happen in this decade).
Exactly.. That's me to a tee.. I'm glad I'm not the only one that seems to feel like they're getting ripped off when they look at something classed as "rare" when it's not really. The greedy ones on ebay only use that term because 1, they think it gives them carte blanche to charge what they like, and 2, without that word, they wouldn't be able to.. So it's a win win for them, sucks big time for us..
I have a couple of wanted ads on here that are aimed at classics, I doubt I'll find anyone willing to part with them though, haven't so far, as us "proper" collectors don't tend to let go when we get them. So unfortunately, that leaves ebay as the only option..
I too hope that at some point Gemmy will see where they've gone wrong and re-release the classics. But that will never happen. We can live in hope though.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts