Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of some new things from Gemmy/Sunstar:

Aside from the three life sizes in the video, Gemmy offered two other life sizes new for 2020 at the Halloween and Party Expo. These included Jason Voorhees(which has been canceled), and a witch holding a spellbook.

Gemmy's returning life sizes include:
  • Jack Skellington
  • Sally
  • Pennywise
  • Beetlejuice
  • Freddy Krueger

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,784 Posts
So they're doing a Pumpkin King with a Christmas soundtrack that doesn't even look like Jack's Pumpkin King? How did they not get the licensing for the look but got the licensing for the music?

Color me confused. :unsure:

·
Registered
405 Posts
It’s not entirely clear what they are. They can be found on a channel called “P’tit Clown” which mostly has Sunstar items (Gemmy’s distributor/sister company). Many other things can be found on the channel below:

Channel here:
P'tit Clown

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here’s some other new items currently on the Jmarcus site

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Agree with everyone on the skull. It’s totally different. Can see that in a haunted motel or even attached to a tombstone. Neat prop.

·
Registered
405 Posts
One could say the skull with roses is a remake of sorts of the older Gemmy one:

·
Spooky Express
666 Posts
The Pumpkin King could have been an amazing 3rd licensed NBC animatronic by Gemmy, if only they got the rights for Jack's Pumpkin King appearance. :( The Christmas-related song would be much more fitting then, just like the original Jack's Christmas phrases.

I think the Clown on the little tricycle is pretty unique as well, despite how many clowns there already are by other companies this year. He just seems kind of slow and unstable in the video which concerns me about his quality.

The new Scarecrow looks pretty interesting too! I wish he did more than the head tilting since Sunstar has made a scarecrow that does the exact same thing in the past, but I like his face. It's hard to tell for sure, but is it Gemmy and not Sunstar? It looks like it has a metal base which I've never seen Sunstar use.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The new Scarecrow looks pretty interesting too! I wish he did more than the head tilting since Sunstar has made a scarecrow that does the exact same thing in the past, but I like his face. It's hard to tell for sure, but is it Gemmy and not Sunstar? It looks like it has a metal base which I've never seen Sunstar use.
The sitting Gemmy one from a couple years ago has the same movement and a metal body frame:

·
Spooky Express
666 Posts
The sitting Gemmy one from a couple years ago has the same movement and a metal body frame:
Oh yeah! So this is pretty much a standing version of that one, with darker phrases and a creepier appearance.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh yeah! So this is pretty much a standing version of that one, with darker phrases and a creepier appearance.
Yeah basically it is. I’ve received word that the Scarecrow and Clown are confirmed Gemmy. The Pumpkin Man, Skull with Roses, and the Jumping Spider are Sunstar however.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gosh... Gemmy has gone so downhill recently. This year (I'd assume) is going to be their worst. I feel it. They just don't care anymore and are only in it for the money. I don't even want to say "that's okay" or "that looks cool." They don't, imo. It's all garbage that fills the market nowadays. I regret buying a lot of newer items. I may end up selling them.

I mean, come on Gemmy! Seriously?

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
And, for the 3rd year, they are bringing back this stupid werewolf.

View attachment 729718 View attachment 729719 View attachment 729720

Give us something new!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, anything Lowe’s sells or brings back is their own doing, not Gemmy’s. Lowe’s is the reason the werewolf (and most likely the witch too) is back for the third time this year.

Gemmy has basically become a bullied child due to retailers modifications and requests. They don’t stand up for themselves and fight for things to be the best they can be anymore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's what I mean by "they don't care." They never fight for anything good to come out. It's Gemmy's fault for the disregard of quality, though.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts