Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Guys,
I think it is Finally time for Gemmy Prop predictions :D! Last year was not the best in terms of props. As far as Airblows there were TOO mutch :p Post all that you know right here in this thread! Rant a little do whatever you need to express your Halloween needs and wants!!!

220 Posts
Gemmy/Tekky toys/morbid enerprises 2014 predictions

I know there has already been a thread this year called "Gemmy 2014 predictions" but I think there needs to be one with Tekky toys and Morbid too. Last year for Gemmy wasn't very good at all, there were just too many airblown inflatables and not very many animatronics, there was also no licensed figure:( For Tekky toys it was very good! The Props they made didn't break as easy(well some did) and the realism is getting much better! For Morbid It was pretty good, but some of the stuff broke very easy and looked cheesy. This year I hope to see a much better selection of props from these 3 companies' and a licensed figure from both Gemmy and Morbid(which they made a beetle jive figure but it wasn't that good). I really hope they bring back Leatherface since he is so hard to get and Donna the dead.

Attachments

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Ok... I think Gemmy has officially ran out of ideas for licensed figures. I just found this on the Jmarcus wholesale website.

The description for it is: "Life Size Animated KD Snow White Old Witch G-55450"
Well... at least it's something... but I can't believe Gemmy is taking a character from a cartoon and making it into a life-sized Halloween figure. Sure, Snow White is a movie everyone knows, but the witch really isn't a horror movie character. Thankfully this is not being sold at Spirit Halloween, so we do still have hope for Gemmy to make something better for them. I've got to say though, I do like how they made a 2-dimensional character 3-dimensional. :confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am interested in seeing what they will come up with this year. I am not sure if anyone remembers but remember when Spirit halloween posted the "Fear for Next Year" animatronic pull. I do think that Gemmy and Spirit are working together for a new prop. It could be Chunky (I HOPE!!!!) or Jigsaw as a licensed prop for 2014. I don't think any other company (Besides Morbid) would be willing to do this.

https://www.facebook.com/spirithalloween/app_157437887797340

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I hope they remake Leatherface or Donna the Dead.
Leatherface hasn't changed much in look. If they do another , it'd probably do the same thing. Others, like Freddy, Jason , and Michael Myers , you can make new ones , because they have several looks. An AVP line would be cool. The Leprechaun. Would be cool. Pinhead , Gremlins...
I'm gonna expand my last statement. VFX has the Attack Line. Their next step with life size animatronic props, is to create a store bought version, using their characters. Have Jason, Freddy, Michael, and Leatherface, etc, bringing the weapons to your neck, chest, or arm, and playing sounds. Can you imagine how many ppl would wear this?

220 Posts
Ok... I think Gemmy has officially ran out of ideas for licensed figures. I just found this on the Jmarcus wholesale website.

The description for it is: "Life Size Animated KD Snow White Old Witch G-55450"
Well... at least it's something... but I can't believe Gemmy is taking a character from a cartoon and making it into a life-sized Halloween figure. Sure, Snow White is a movie everyone knows, but the witch really isn't a horror movie character. Thankfully this is not being sold at Spirit Halloween, so we do still have hope for Gemmy to make something better for them. I've got to say though, I do like how they made a 2-dimensional character 3-dimensional. :confused:
It seems like Gemmy has gotten lamer in the last years:( The lifesizes props from 2005-2008 were the best. The ones from 2009-2011 were kinda good, but they started to just get lamer. The 2012-2013 ones were not that good at all:(

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Wow, I didn't even like the Wicked Witch from 2012, and this one's even worse.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Jmarcus has updated their site with a better quality image of the witch. Personally, I still think it is just a bad idea, but take away the head, hands, hair, and apple and make it a more frightening skeletal appearance and it's actually a nice design. :eek:
g-55450_snowwhite_wicked-witch_L.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jmarcus has updated their site with a better quality image of the witch. Personally, I still think it is just a bad idea, but take away the head, hands, hair, and apple and make it a more frightening skeletal appearance and it's actually a nice design. :eek:
View attachment 195414
See......this is why i have absolutely NO HOPE in Gemmy. They have crashed in 2010 recovered in 2011 and SUCKED in 2013. I do not expect to be wowed this year. :p

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Isn't Spirit doing a public vote on what licensed character will be out this year? I know Billy Jigsaw was one of the options. :D

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
1 - 20 of 705 Posts