Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really appreciate a couple of you reviewing the ghost and purple fire and ice lights. I would have ordered them so I appreciate the videos and honest reviews. Today I received the Gemmy lighted moving eyeballs and hopefully I can avoid anyone else wasting their time and money.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know someone posted about being anxious to see them and wondering if they were similar to the doorbell. Not so much! If anyone has any suggestions as to re-purposing these things or any other suggestions I'd really appreciate hearing them .I did get them with a coupon but would be out the shipping both ways to return them . I'm posting the video although it's daytime and you can't see them lit up you get the idea of just how bad these things are. They have almost robotic movement and turn 3/4 of the way around (?).

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I tried to view but got the same message even when I went to the YouTube site directly. Curious what eyeballs these are. Hope it's not the Bump and go one that I ordered and am waiting for.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully you can view it now. GOS, No it's not the bump and go fortunately for you. I was hoping to put these in a small bushy tree I have but they are so ridiculously done I can't think of any use for them.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Now you need to construct an alligator or some kind of monster beneath those spooky eyes :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe their obvious silliness would make a good distraction to drop a much better scare? "Oh my god, look at these ridiculous eyyyeeeee what's behind me?!"

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I'm sorry Cloe, but i rated the video of them a killer! I was laughing so hard they nearly killed me!!! I'm still laughing typing this. Honestly there has to be some good use for them. What on earth was Gemmy thinking. There stuff is always attention grabbing I guess. Those just crack me up; I have tears rolling down my face...i'll try to come back to this post when I can stop laughing and think calmly....maybe closer to Halloween.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
Wow, those look horrible, thanks for posting the video (and saving me money). The fact that they're only half an eyeball is bad, but the absurd and obnoxious fast movements make them even worse. If they at least moved a bit slower, they'd be something I'd be interested in.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm trying to brainstorm as to what I could put over them that this movement would work with. The eyes lit up are bright and interesting. I half thought about clipping the wire for movement but it seems like a decent strength motor by the movement lol so I'm trying to figure out if there is something I could change them into. Not sure if it's even worth the 24.50 I paid for them to be out another $7.00 to return them. Hopefully anyone else that considers buying them sees this lol!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you have a 2 story house? Plant those on the roof over your porch, add some huge teeth, and voila your house is alive. It would be totally campy like Evil Dead 2.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Maybe two little one-eyed alien creatures? I don't know if that is your thing, though.

1a.jpg

Reactions: Cloe

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Cloe, you didn't say I don't think but I'm assuming these are battery operated. If so, I think it would be cool if you could rig them up to one of those car roof bike carriers and give your car a cool look. Especially if it sits in your driveway during ToTing. I'd back the car into the driveway and add Fangs to the radiator grill area maybe. Or I also picture the car slapped with signage saying something like "Zombie Search Team". They really are too funny to be returned and not used somehow. Sure to be the "did you see that at Cloe's house?" kind of prop.

It is very campy and I still laugh when I think about the video. I doubt you could drive with them on top as it would probably be a distraction to other drivers giving you a ticket LOL.

Don't see them yet on HD or Lowes website. Where did you pick them up at? I may actually buy these guys and use them on one of our cars that sits in our driveway on halloween night.

Here's the type of car roof top thingy I was thinking about:
http://www.amazon.com/universal-roof-cross-crossbar-luggage/dp/b0089hc630?tag=indifash06-20

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Those are actually kind of cool! I love how they move together. I wonder if there's a way to light them from inside? Or do they already light up?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts