Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Gemmy chain saw from Garden Ridge today.
I am relatively pleased with it. The sound is pretty loud but not quite loud enough. I am afriad that with all of the haunted house sounds, it will not be loud enough. I want to amplify it some more. Does anyone have any idea how I could hack it to make it louder?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm assuming this is the same one I got last year from GR, its full size and better looking and sounding than the old flat ones. Ours work out great and was plenty loud almost too loud.The key is to hold the speaker side (left side of the saw) over the guests head or keep the saw near their right ear as you stalk them from behind and they run away. Also seen these full size saws at Party City and Halloween Express and they didn't have many and they do sell out very quick.....best prop we have bought and a lot of fun to chase with not to mention much safer and easier to use than the real thing and almost sounds just as good, Gemmy got this one right !!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bozz
Yea, it's probably them same one. I agree that it looks pretty good and sounds good too. I was just afraid that it wasn't loud enough to scare anyone.
I see what you mean about holding the speaker toward people. It is louder that way. I have a PA system and was also thinking about having a microphone mounted somewhere and have the actor wave the saw around close to the microphone. We tried a real saw several years ago and is such a hassle trying to keep it running. Big pain when a chainsaw will not start!!! Plus, with it idleing, people already know someone has a saw. With this prop, it comes out of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah I agree, its much more sneaky with the fake saw.........last year we would hide it behind our backs and sneak up on guest as they walked away then hold it up over their heads and hit the button..........very simple and effective. Below is a pic of my boy in our shed with the saw.....>>>>

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bozz
Is it still working this year?
I am always concerned about the Gemmy products breaking.
Oh yeah I've been playing with it, same batteries too. All my Gemmy stuff still works and I have some stuff thats 7 years old.I never have a problem with any stuff I own in life for the most part. I take care of all my cars and toys with preventive maintance and thats the key, really I have never even been concern with my purchases in general.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts