Halloween Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like Reagan, she has the look of a Tekky prop. However, the Morbid one is much better. I think Jason looks awful. His neck is too fat, much like Freddy's. Aside from Jack and Sally, I never cared much for Gemmy's new licensed life sizes.

Speaking of Jack and Sally, someone already got the 2021 models. It's sad to see that Jack didn't receive the additional animation as promoted. However, they did replace his module with the SVI/Crazy Create type one, where you can control his volume. I like Sally's head tilt, but they should have given her mouth movement. As much as I like Jack and Sally, I wish Gemmy would make life sizes of the other NBC characters(beside Zero). Jack and Sally are starting to become repetitive. They'll probably end up like the Cauldron Witch, where she stayed on the market for seven years.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Speaking of Jack and Sally, someone already got the 2021 models. It's sad to see that Jack didn't receive the additional animation as promoted. However, they did replace his module with the SVI/Crazy Create type one, where you can control his volume. I like Sally's head tilt, but they should have given her mouth movement. As much as I like Jack and Sally, I wish Gemmy would make life sizes of the other NBC characters(beside Zero). Jack and Sally are starting to become repetitive. They'll probably end up like the Cauldron Witch, where she stayed on the market for seven years.
My Sally got to the store and it will hopefully be ready tomorrow or Friday. I will leave a review when I get her. I have the old Jack. He's awesome but I wish he had volume control because I want to have him on movement only because of all the sound going on everywhere in my haunt. I tried taping over the speaker but it still is very audible. Any suggestion for it without cutting the speaker cord.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Silly question perhaps BUT did Gemmy stop making the Fire and Ice lights? I have a bunch but like picking up a few each year because eventually they do die. Last year there didn't seem to be as many and this year it is slim-to-none pickings.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Silly question perhaps BUT did Gemmy stop making the Fire and Ice lights? I have a bunch but like picking up a few each year because eventually they do die. Last year there didn't seem to be as many and this year it is slim-to-none pickings.
I haven't seen many mentioned this year & Ace had a lot marked down last year & didn't see any on their site.

However, Gemmy site shows Walmart should have this & a purple version is also on their site:

Wish they'd ditch that pumpkin casing on the lights though. OK in some instances but not all. I used the green option more than the purple & don't see a green one.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here are the updated/deluxe models of Jack and Sally along with their differences.
2021 Jack Upgrades

Clothes feel like actual clothes
Larger control box
Larger speaker with amazing bass and sound
Way sturdier and thicker base
Volume control
Constant mode
Static hand is way thicker
Static arm is a sturdy poseable metal
Base has slots for shoes to stay
Hand motion is way smother
Bow tie looks better
IR sensor activated

2021 Sally Upgrades

Larger speaker box
Plastic over mechanism
Thicker/nicer dress
Plastic shoulders
Thicker poles
Sturdier base
Added intro to her song
Chest piece feels thicker
Rose rod slimmer to fit in hand

Reactions: DarthRevanAvner

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are the updated/deluxe models of Jack and Sally along with their differences.
2021 Jack Upgrades

Clothes feel like actual clothes
Larger control box
Larger speaker with amazing bass and sound
Way sturdier and thicker base
Volume control
Constant mode
Static hand is way thicker
Static arm is a sturdy poseable metal
Base has slots for shoes to stay
Hand motion is way smother
Bow tie looks better
IR sensor activated

2021 Sally Upgrades

Larger speaker box
Plastic over mechanism
Thicker/nicer dress
Plastic shoulders
Thicker poles
Sturdier base
Added intro to her song
Chest piece feels thicker
Rose rod slimmer to fit in hand
Certainly interesting to know the changes but it's not enough for me to buy the "upgraded" Jack and Sally. They completely removed all of Jack's phrases and that for me is a huge downgrade. If he had his songs and phrases I would get him. $200 for a lifesize version of the singing projection Jack Pumpkin no thanks. I'll save myself around $170 by getting the Pumpkin.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thank goodness. With all the stuff getting canceled I'm so worried that gemmy would put the witch in the trash.
I don't think Gemmy would trash her. I'm assuming Jason and Reagan were cancelled due to issues with licensing or quality. The thing with the Plague Doctor is that most likely when Lowe's lineup was leaked, they didn't bother to change the listing. If you look at the listing for the Plague Doctor and the Reaper, they both have the same item number. So, the reaper is most likely a reskin of the Plague Doctor. I'm quite upset that the Plague Doctor won't be available this year. I had plans to incorporate him into my display. I'm hopeful they might release him last minute, since the pop up ghoul and zombie groundbreaker were omitted from the leaks, but I'm highly skeptical of that happening.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Evil witch is back on the Lowes website with an added picture. Hopefully a demo video will be released soon because I've been waiting since Easter to see what she look like in action.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That photo has been there for a week or two now. I'm assuming she'll have the same animation and dialogue as the two previous ones.
She probably does. But this is the best version of it that I've seen so I'm very excited for this prop. It's the outfit and hair that I love about this version. The dress and hat is a nice combination of the 2018 and 2019 version.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts