Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some new Gemmy items were recently revealed via Morris Costumes. No info on most besides prices.

Life Size Pop Up Exorcist Regan $239
(Head moves, eyes light up, body pops up to phrases from film)

Life Size Jason Voorhees $279 (originally supposed to be released last year. Eye and machete arm move to “ch ch ch ah ah ah” noises)

Additional items (no photos or info yet)
-Halloween Projection Blow Mold $32
-Tabletop Telephone Lifting $31

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't know why people hate Regan that much. She's not that bad. The only issue I have with her is that her body looks flat. Gemmy should have used a plastic body shell. Honestly, her head looks like Tekky did it.

@ghostbust99 Any idea what Gemmy's other new or returning life sizes are for 2021 yet? Do you think they'll bring another old life size like they did with the Black Countess at Menards? I want them to bring back the Midnight Countess. I can easily see Gemmy retrofitting her with the updated pole structure and module.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know why people hate Regan that much. She's not that bad. The only issue I have with her is that her body looks flat. Gemmy should have used a plastic body shell. Honestly, her head looks like Tekky did it.

@ghostbust99 Any idea what Gemmy's other new or returning life sizes are for 2021 yet? Do you think they'll bring another old life size like they did with the Black Countess at Menards? I want them to bring back the Midnight Countess. I can easily see Gemmy retrofitting her with the updated pole structure and module.
So far I’ve only seen Beetlejuice on Morris but I’ll update if I find any others.

There’s also this new version of the singing Jack Skellington pumpkin that was available at Spirit a couple years ago. It appears to be a larger version due to the $29 price point.

Reactions: halloween71

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gemmy is remaking the old mini Freddy Krueger and Jason along with a new version of Michael Myers.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple new items for Lowe’s.

Yet another witch variant

This themed display frame

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,362 Posts
The previously unreleased life size Zero is on Target’s website now: Gemmy Life Size Animated KD Zero Disney, white
What does this one do?

Why do Halloween companies think that Halloween is only about Mike Myers, Jason, Freddie, Pennywise (any version) Reagan, etc.? I know there's a collectors market that will buy any & all things related to those characters because that's their "thing" & I totally get it if you collect them so I'm glad that stuff is there for you, but I just wish there were more generic mass market things that weren't these characters (or clowns, I'm over them but I know they aren't going anywhere).

Do the "normals" go Halloween shopping & buy that stuff because that's what's there & there's so much of it, do they really think that's what Haloween is really about now or is that what Halloween is about now for the "normals"?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What does this one do?

Why do Halloween companies think that Halloween is only about Mike Myers, Jason, Freddie, Pennywise (any version) Reagan, etc.? I know there's a collectors market that will buy any & all things related to those characters because that's their "thing" & I totally get it if you collect them so I'm glad that stuff is there for you, but I just wish there were more generic mass market things that weren't these characters (or clowns, I'm over them but I know they aren't going anywhere).

Do the "normals" go Halloween shopping & buy that stuff because that's what's there & there's so much of it, do they really think that's what Haloween is really about now or is that what Halloween is about now for the "normals"?
It roams around, the nose lights up and it plays “This is Halloween”.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
What does this one do?

I was wondering something similar the other day. When I started doing the haunted cornfield theme, there was almost nothing available. Now there is a new scarecrow every year. And now the clowns. And haunted hotels, fortune tellers, etc. It seems like the stores are doubling down on certain themes. How do they choose? What dictates those markets?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was wondering something similar the other day. When I started doing the haunted cornfield theme, there was almost nothing available. Now there is a new scarecrow every year. And now the clowns. And haunted hotels, fortune tellers, etc. It seems like the stores are doubling down on certain themes. How do they choose? What dictates those markets?
Well, what’s the over-under on a bunch of 12’ props this next year?

Fads are like that.

Also, the movie industry is hurting as far as ticket sales, so they are trying to license anything they can. And if I’m a manufacture of mediocre or cheap props, I can give my product line a little more boost by licensing a known IP to help boost sales, yah, I’m doing it.

While you may be tired of Pennywise/Clowns/NMB4Xmas, we also are in a time that you find amazing custom masks and props via Instaspam/Twatbook. Not to mention, cheap skeletons are still relatively plentiful in anytown USA (the 5 pack of skeletons Home Depot had last year?)

Plus, your home haunt is not just seen by the random neighbor, but shared to the world via this forum and Social media.

Maybe the abundance of the cookie cutter props only makes our custom ones stand out more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nothing I hate more than a prop that plays a song. It seems like it’d be easier to make it bark..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems they’re remaking the Shaking Spirits this year:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I like the little Michael Myers...I think I bought a similar one Jason a few years back. The full size Jason is interesting, I'm a sucker for anything Jason or Myers though. :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ive never gotten a full size Jason before as I dont like buying animatronics used. Im glad they are releasing him again as now I get a chance to own it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jack and Sally are being rereleased with upgrades:

Reactions: SLCGirl
1 - 20 of 59 Posts