Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make this fog machine shoot fog on its own? Is there a special controller you can buy that does it for you? Is there a way to modify the controller itself? I’m open to almost any suggestions. I just got it at a Walmart today. It has skeleton hands on the side if that helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you asking about a timer remote? Is the remote wired or wireless? Anything can be hacked as remote buttons are pretty easy to hack if you have the basic skills and tools. Simplest solution would be to put a weight or something on the button and let it fog away.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Looks like this one has a remote control, not a corded plug-in controller. In this case, I think you're out of luck. Check the back of the machine, near the on/off switch, to see if it has a 5-sided spot for a plug-in that looks like this:

If it does, you're in luck, you should be able to pick up one of these fog machine timers. No spot to plug in, no dice. And I've yet to see a remote control one that has the plug-in.

If it had the usual plug-in manual controller, you could use tape or a zip tie or something to hold the button down. Usually doesn't work on the remote control ones.

Yes, if you have the skills, I'm sure it could be hacked. I sure don't. More than I'd want to mess with.

·
Registered
203 Posts
be wary that a timer will be a miracle fix for these cheap fog machines.... NOT!
see my post here for more info:
barrel with fog - 400W and timer issues....
You are better off to jam button on and let it go all out on these cheap fog machines.
It will still run out of heat and go into warm up mode but better than a timer.
The timers are not worth the money!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts