Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title really says it all. I'll be running a panel/workshop called High Tech Halloween on a Low Tech Budget for the first every Geek Creation Show in Piscataway, NJ. This is a convention all about living a better geeky life. All proceeds from the convention go to the Tesla Museum & Science Center in Wardencylffe. The show was originally scheduled for the middle of August but got pushed back to November 15-17.

I'm really excited to pull this off and need to start planning like crazy to make it work. I only have 45 minutes in a pretty big room to work with. I'm not nervous. I'm just going through all the tricks and techniques I've developed in 10 years of haunting to put on a spectacular haunt without a lot of money. A lot of the stuff--foam cutting, PVC bending, LED wiring, motor assemblies--is going to be represented with short videos for safety reasons. The hard part is going to be Q&A while demoing techniques. That and actually loading/unloading all the supplies I'll need during the panel. I'm close enough to commute but I'm going to wind up in the convention hotel for at least the first night (when my panel is) to make sure I can get everything into the room on time. It's going to look like Hoarders: Halloween Edition when I show up.

All the details are on my website. Here's the Geek Creation Show page.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts