Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Me! I will absolutely not be dressing as the Joker this or any year.

Too often a popular film character gets over exposure in the Halloween costume world. I am so sick of pirate costumes after the POTC trilogy. Yes, I am guilty of doing a pirate themed haunt and party in 2006, and I have learned the error of my ways (although it was a blast) But I digress....

Eric
________
herbal vaporizers

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you have seen the movie you will understand why it's a popular costume....supurb character.
I don't know if it would be ummmm ...prudent to dress little kids in that costume... but then again, people dress their kids as Freddie and Jason

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I won't. I tend to shy away from movie charatcers and go for more traditional Halloween characters... like witches and vampires...

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have seen the movie you will understand why it's a popular costume....supurb character.
Completely true, however, where's the originality? I would never want to dress as something that "everyone else" is doing. In fact, I've always steered completely clear of these types of costumes. Another prime example was "The Crow." How many of those guys did we see on Halloween when that one came out? :) Great look which would be kewl to do, but why? When "everyone else" is doing it? I feel the same way as the original post basically. You hear people say "I'm gonna be the joker." Wow. Really cool. That should be great. :rolleyes:

However, I do admit that some of the costumes I've seen some guys putting together online, are excellent. But I'll stick with my own ideas.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
*sigh* okay what you see online, all the hype about people dressing up as joker.... i think that's more of a convention thing than a halloween thing. yeah a bunch of people will run around as joker this halloween for what ever reason, but a lot are making the costume for conventions where you can wear the costume all weekend.
thats kinda why i'm making mine, and cause i like the challenge the costume presents. halloween is just a good finish date and test run for the costume :)

as for the Two-Face costume that is significantly harder to pull off and to be exact to the movie.
on that note: i have been playing with designs that line up to and are sort of a toned down version of the movie style Two-Face. i have been working a lot on my joker costume so i have had to put off the Two-Face stuff for a bit but if i can manage it i will do my best to get that done up for halloween as well.

i never forgot about Harvey; he's just a little hard on the eyes.... :D

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
Nope...no Joker here...I'm leaning towards Hannah Montana or High School Musical...because as my 8 year old son tells me..."DAD...Everyone's doing it!"

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No Joker Here

Most definitely I will not be The Joker.

I am doing something different this year. I will be wearing a DRESS!

I will be going as a swinging elderly pipe smoking Grandmother.

Might even have some vampire fangs along with her red lips!

·
Registered
1 Posts
alice in wonderland. friends are being the white rabbit and the mad hatter.

yeah a little over done. but eh. home made costumes are a blast to do...especially when its 18 days till halloween and your only half way done :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts