Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm been lurking the forums for a while and have finally gotten the courage up to ask a question. I just bought a buehler gear motor and wanted to know how do remove the smooth shaft from the gear motor... it makes it kind of hard to attach anything to it. Any suggestions? I appreciate any help I might get. Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't think I would try to remove it. You could grind a flat spot on one side of the shaft for a pulley with a tightening screw, or you could use a u-bolt to attach an armature like they do on this page, half way down. The Flying Crank Ghost - Instructions, Part 1
They sell several sizes of these u-bolts at Home Depot or any other hardware store. If you try to pull the shaft on your gearmotor, it will be very hard to match something to it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
coupling

Don’t take out the shaft, Get a drill template and see what size it is. Then go to your local hard ware store and find a coupling that comes closes to the size of the shaft (smaller).

Than grind a flat spot on the shaft.

Next step is to drill out part of the coupling to match the size of the shaft.

Than drill and tap in a setscrew to lock it to the shaft.

On the other side you can attach what ever you want by using a screw that will fit into the other side of the coupling.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are awesome! thank you for the information and the extremely helpful pics... I only had one little patch of hair left from all the pulling and wanted to keep it!

Thanks bunch!

-Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts