Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to make a gas chamber for this years Halloween. Has anyone built one & or have any ideas? Any feedback world be great!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
I made a similar prop using fog and a red light to make it look like red liquid. For testing in this video, I made the fog thin but you can add as much fog as you like to fill it up good:

YouTube - Terra DMX Halloween Prop

Here's a picture of the tank prior to installing the Plexiglass. The rivets were made by an airbrush. It is a plywood frame that I textured with monster mud, painted silver and aged.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm planning one, but I don't intend to build it until next year. I plan to make a plexy enclosed booth....the size of a phone booth. With colored spots inside the chamber to give a fogger the look of poisonous green gas. Controlled by a simple prop controller to trigger lights, sound, and fog effects.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We must have hit the button at close to the same time. For mine, imagine a booth like Terra's...but with a metal simulated frame....and large rivets, chains, and locks. (Cut out circular pieces of wood or foam and paint metalic).

I've also been toying with the idea of a large water tank. The two may become mixed and build as a large gas chamber. Using cement sono tubes or something similar, painted to look like a big brass chamber....with a portal type window. Then, putting a person on camera to create a video so it can be replicated by others.

·
Registered
260 Posts
one year i plan to make a gas chamber but the funny thing is that it will not even be for halloween lol i am going to make it just for making my basement look cool lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts