Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been scouring the internet, even ebay, to find a replacement Large (ceremic/resin) Gargoyle for my yard. My last one was from Christmas tree shop and I imagine pretty cheap (gift). Any CHEAP link recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I miss my little guardian. My last one was about a foot 1/2 tall squatting down in typical gargoyle fashion. THanks Gargoyle lovers.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Look around for places that sell landscape products like gnomes and birdbaths. There's a place here that pours concrete yard sculptures and I got a couple gargoyles there last year. I like the stuff from Design Toscano, but they're too small for me

I love this one from haunted props, although it's a little outta my budget, but it's 8ft tall

It's on sale for $3,677

Halloween Props - Haunted House Props & Accessories - Gargoyles / Dragons / Mermaids

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
If you can wait a little longer, I'd say to check Target in September or so. They usually have some very cool gargoyles offered at decent prices. If you're in a hurry, I'd agree with jdubbya about Design Toscano being a good place to turn to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought two resin gargoyles about two weeks ago at Walmart. They were in the outdoor/patio section. The were about $30 canadian each. They definately looked Halloween to me! Oh, and they were a good size!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
gargoyles

As a last ditch resort (because you would have to wait so long) Lowe's or Home Depot (sorry, forgot which one) has this same gargoyle every year for 20 bucks.... catch is - it's only on the shelves in October. :(

i saw these at shopko and walgreens last october. just the gargoyle, no tombstone. after halloween they were $5.00. other than that, i just have the small $ tree ones.
Guardian of Fire and Sculptures - Lighted products. Collections Etc.: A collection of unbeatable values!
here's one i really like. don't know if it's something that would trip your trigger or not.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I bought two resin gargoyles about two weeks ago at Walmart. They were in the outdoor/patio section. The were about $30 canadian each. They definately looked Halloween to me! Oh, and they were a good size!
I checked a couple of Walmarts, but didn't see them. Could you please post pics, if possible? Thanks.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Not sure what you have in mind but I have Gargoyles in my garden that are concrete. About 2 1/2 ft tall that I got from a garden center nearby. They are 40.00 apiece but they are forever plus thay get the most awesome patina pretty quickly. Heavy though.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Shawna, those are really great! Our Walmarts don't get anything like that in.

Creepyhomemaker, any way to post a pic of your statues?

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
It is dark right now so I can't go out and get a picture but here is a partial pic of one before it was set on the brick column. This particular gargoyle was used in the movie DEAD SILENCE I didn't know that till after I bought them and watched the movie again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks! I love the gargoyles Stolloween made but when I saw the gargoyles at Walmart I weighed the number of hours to try and make them over the $30.00 price tag and just bought them. My husband has taught me to buy and think about it because you can always return things but if you decide to go back and buy something it could be gone!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, Shawna. They're pretty neat, and it's a shame that only certain Walmarts carry them.

Creepyhomemaker, I like your gargoyle, too. I'll have to watch Dead Silence again to see if I can spot it in there. I'm thinking it was in the cemetery scene; am I right?;)

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Actually it was in the scene where Jamie was driving up to either his father's mansion or the funeral home. Can't remember which but it's sitting up on a column with creepy vines growing on it. At the end of a driveway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts