Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New pics from halloween 2014 further down the page!:cool:

Hey Halloween junkies! I made this gargoyle costume 2 years ago(that's the version in the picture) and will wear it again this year. I won a contest with the pictured version but made some really cool updates to it last year.

The first version the wings were operational and still are. I just replaced the material with a better coloured material that matches the rest of the costume. This year I will do some minor touch ups to the wings(little holes and tears and some more painting to look more like skin/stone).

Last year I built some digitagrade stilts to elongate the legs and add 10" of height. Wrapped them in foam and painted them to look like gargoyle/demon feet. Not crazy about how they look so I will update those this year also.

Also got rid of the tunic in favour of a skin tight long sleeve strecthable shirt with some basic foam muscles glued on and painted. They will get a lot more additional muscle tone and details in the torso and updated paint also.

The prosthetic is a purchased pre made appliance with some additional padding and paint to customize it a bit. More minor paint details will be added this year also. Plus fangs and contact lenses.

This costume is a lot of fun to wear is it scares quite a few people and many seemed to be impressed with the end result! Hope you guys like it!

Found a couple of pics of last years updates that I've added. One pic I will post now and the others are on my friend's phone. She's gonna send them to me and I will add them. Some are funny!
I will post pics as I update it! Happy Halloween!
Costume Fictional character Cat Illustration

Darkness Night Fictional character Muscle Batman

Musician Event Performance Music Metal

Room Batman Selfie Photography Interior design

Head Fun Cool Costume Fictional character

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made a few improvments to the Gargoyle for Halloween this year! If I have time tomorrow before the kids start to come around I'll post some pics of the updates! Added some new purchases as well as improvments! Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey everyone! Had a great halloween this year! Lots of kids came by to trick or treat at the restaurant my wife and I own-Carpe Diem Cafe in Peterborough, Ontario. Obvious plug! Lol!

So here is what the gargoyle looked like this year(2014) with the updates and new parts. The shin armour, the chest armour, the white contact lenses and the fangs are all new this year. I reworked the digitigrade stilts, added earings to the prosthetic for added detail and did some more detail painting to the body. Hope you all like the changes! I was very pleased with the results. Posed for what must have been hundreds of photo ops and selfies!

Got into costume twice this year and won on both nights! Here are some pics from the nightclub and on the street spooking with other halloween fans!
Organism Sculpture Fictional character Statue Art
Fictional character Darkness Demon

Fictional character Demon Darkness Games Costume

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Really Super job!! You have inspired me for a project I've been planning. I love how you sculpted and painted the musculature on the torso... I needed just that idea. Cool!

Kurt

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Very NICE!!
So how many people did you happen to terrorize!?
Just Curious?
I "caught Hell" for three days after Halloween because my big skeleton costume was too scary even though I consciously stayed at least 95 feet away from all little kids at the Parade. (It's a small town,the Parade is all going on here Oct. 31st.)
Then my neighbor from across the street walked and carried his little Daughter right up to me and said:"Jim, say something , so she knows it's you."
His little girl would wake up about every other night at 10:30.. and then scream and cry for the next THREE to Four Hours!
So from deep inside my scary costume I calmly said :"I live across the street from you."
(So SHUT UP!) I wished I had said.
She grew up to be a fine and wonderful girl and Woman.
Maybe I helped that.. just a small bit?
(Insert evil laugh here~ )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone who commented! Always nice to know your efforts have inspired others as I have been inspired by others on this forum!
Quite a few kids were a little terrified but a few weeds ok after they heard me speak and then realized who I was. Then they couldn't stop talking to me and wanted pictures with me! Later at night on the town I think I frightened more adults than kids!
Much fun was had not only by me but also for the people that I encountered! Many commented that they had never seen anything this elaborate and were excited to commend me on my efforts! I like the joy that something like this can bring to people. A very positive experience for me and others! So thank you all for your kind words of encouragement!
Can't wait for next year!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Those are the best costume contest prizes I have ever seen! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.