Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I decided to start a local garden group on FB. I wanted it to be a "Zero Waste" group based on sharing seeds, extra plants/produce & keeping garden gear
(pots, old tools, rain barrels, etc) out of the landfills. It's been very successful & extremely rewarding but the best thing is that we all love Halloween. Last year we had a fantastic Halloween party. This year is going to be even better because we are having our party in the vault at Ivy Hill Cemetery. The Cemetery rents the vault out for parties. Attached is a photo from someone's Edgar Allan Poe Party the other photo I took this morning. We haven't made the deposit yet & are working to secure our date. Hopefully I'll be able to have everything finalized by the end of the week

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
That sounds so creepy cool! I have never heard of a cemetery renting out space for parties. I must live in the wrong part of the country!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds so creepy cool! I have never heard of a cemetery renting out space for parties. I must live in the wrong part of the country!
If you were in the Washington DC side of country - you'd be invited. But be warned us gardeners know how to party.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is so awesome. I would love to attend something like that!
Sadly I think a few people are a little out off because everyone must chip in for the $250 deposit & pay a few teenagers to watch & pick up after smaller children. But it would only be aprox $15 per family. It's so frustrating because people spend that at Starbucks.

·
Registered
895 Posts
One thing that seems strange to me is that using the curb, the sign, and the plants growing on the building as a reference, it seems as if that door is only three or four feet tall. Is that just an optical illusion, or do all your gardeners make Christmas gifts or cookies for their regular jobs?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing that seems strange to me is that using the curb, the sign, and the plants growing on the building as a reference, it seems as if that door is only three or four feet tall. Is that just an optical illusion, or do all your gardeners make Christmas gifts or cookies for their regular jobs?
My picture isn't great but the door is about 6ft. I'll have new pictures on Friday - that's when we go over to sign contract

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went inside the Cemetery Vault today & booked our reservations for 10/20/19.
There's electric & we are also allowed to set up a canopy, grill, decorations out in front of vault. The lady in charge is a big Halloween person. She said she has loads of decorations so I invited her to join our party.

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We now have 15 families from our garden group attending party. So we confirmed the vault. We're now starting to think about costumes. I want to give out trophies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts