Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly how widespread these stores are, but I saw it mentioned on Steve's Haunted Yard vlog so I thought Id check it out. This place is CRAZY!! One took over an old Target location here in Omaha. They use every bit of it! There's only a handful of aisles of Halloween/Fall stuff for now, but I'm sure they'll get more. I just took a quick peek without the intention of buying anything, but the prices were so good I picked up a couple packages of creepy cloth. Lets face it, we can always use more creepy cloth. Lot of fall candles, both real and artificial. Good selection on hang able props, not exactly what I'm looking for, but good nonetheless. Anybody have a Garden Ridge by them? How does yours stack up to mine??

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,671 Posts
About 5-6 years ago, the Garden Ridges were A-MA-ZING with Halloween... I got my mummy and Donna the Dead from them during a buy-on-get-one half off sale and it was a hard decision since they had about a dozen animatronic figures (the mad scientist, dracula, witch, zoltan... oh how I wish I'd just bought ALL of them!).

They still do a pretty good showing of stuff, but not the animatronic figures and lately Walgreens has really stepped up by introducing a skeleton VERY similar to Garden Ridge's one - but $20 cheaper (GR's is $50, Walgreens' is $30).

Definitely keep checking them out as the season gets closer, tho. They have quite a few nice things that you won't find anywhere else and usually not too expensive.
:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
just came back from GR in lexington ky. they appear to have most of the halloween stuff out!!!!! 117 days away. gotta get busy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm excited to see all these stores in my area have stuff I can use. I'll probably hit up, GR, Walgreens, micheals, and the usual spirits and Halloween express. Looking forward to this year big time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use to love garden Ridge as well, they have some cool stuff but not even close to what they use to get, kinda sad!!!:(

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
They used to carry TONS of SpookyTown stuff, but they seemed to totally stop carrying any of it about two or three years ago.
They came in around here three years ago, I think, so there never were any carried... Figures:rolleyes:

Regardless, they do have some neat things, and if one scours the place enough, there are a fair amount of items (sconces, furniture, statues, etc.) carried all year that could work for a haunted house anyhow:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts