Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So garden Ridge had these $3.00 bats. They were covered in black feathers and had black cloth wings. Oddly, the string to hang them with was on the bottom of the bats >.<

As I looked at them, I saw potential that they could possibly be turned into something more realistic. So I bought 3 and took them home.

The wings were made of black cloth with wire as the skeletal support structure. I brought the bats home and began coating the wings with latex. I applied three layers total and now the wings feel fleshy to touch.

Next, I'm going to airbrush them a muddy brown color and then blacken the skeletal wired areas to make them appear more realistic.

Would this be of interest to anyone? I can post pics when complete. Got a couple pictures of them before paint. will post those later. Lemme know what you think!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We are always looking for new ideas and sources of inspiration! It sounds like you came up with a great way to create a realistic prop from a cheesy one. I'd love to see photos.

Eric
________
Honda XR400

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Working on pics guys and gals. Been extremely busy making 3 lifelike corses and a spider with a 16 foot legspan for the roof. Unfortunately my co-Haunter buddy has endured 2 kidney stone operations and is due for a 3rd on Thursday :(

Our time is so crunched, prolly wont get the spider completed this year but we are determined to get the corpses going.

Once the corpses are prepped for airbrushing, i'll airbrush the lil bats too for my vampire display. Going to have them flying through a broken stained glass window into the room where our vampire is.

Sadly, our vampire reached his end with a stake in his heart which caused him to spontaneously combust.

We had so much planned but my friends recovery time has taken a toll on his body as well as our haunt :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
RECORD HIS MOANING!

I've had kidney stones, and for those of you who haven't had the good fortune, I promise you that Glyphen's friend is probably capable of some blood curdling wails!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts