Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saturday they had fun days in my town. part of the goings on was a city wide garage sale. my daughter and i had a blast hitting all the sales and i scored nicely on the halloween offerings. here are some pictures of my finds

witch blow mold-$3.00-i love blow molds, i have 20 now
scream string lights-$0.50-i already have a set, but the price was good
arm-$0.50-i guess i now have 2 arms, both left hands. lol
bald cap-$0.50
purple childs witch hat-$0.50-you can never have to many witch hats
plastic pumpkin-$0.50-i saw where someone placed their plastic pumpkins around their cemetary
and it looked pretty cool.
mask-$0.50-i don't really get into masks, but the price was right, it looks like the guy tied up in the
chains in goonies
test tubes-$1.00-this was so different, i can't wait to do a lab
shaking goblin-$0.50-now a goblin to add to my reaper and my ghosts

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
This is my haul from yesterday - The garage sale advertised tons of halloween items, but mostly was the cutesy novelty stuff.

But did pick up a blucky, eyes in a jar, light up skull column, 2 GID vacuum form pics, skull, severed hand, heart, pair of skelly hands and a 'black' portrait - all for $10 (and she loaded it up in a home made toxic waste bin for free)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice haul herman. i have kind of wanted a skely like that. i wonder if it is possible to put a hole in the back of the skely and put a light in. does your skull column light up? i can't tell what the thing is between the skely and the jar of eyes? that must be the other arm. you also have 2 small skely's in the picture. i would love that jar of eyeballs and severed arm. i have the black picture one. it is cool but mine works once when you first turn it on, then it won't work again until you turn it off and then turn it on again. i took one i bought back for that, but the new one does the same thing. let me know how yours works. thanks for posting your finds herman

yeah, a lady i work with says she's having a garage sale with lots of halloween and christmas stuff. what's lots to them might be hardly anything to us, and i asked her if it's cutesy stuff, she said what's cutesy? she looks like the cutesy type, but sometimes cutesy can pass, besides, you never know, she might surprise me. just the words -halloween- gets me there.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

we also got lots of costumes for kids, $0.50 each. here's the fairy one, it's a little big but she can wear it. i keep all the costumes hung in a closet and the kids can play in them whenever they want

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

here is the giraffe one, it's a little short in the legs but it fits otherwise
we also got a cow, curious george, ninja turtle, unicorn, and some barbie footings
there is also a shield, helmet, sword, and cape combo [i already have 2 sets of these]

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
Wow .. quite a haul there ! don't ya just love Garage sales !!!

Yes, The skull column in the pic does light up - the wife was keen for me to get this to put on the porch.

As for the black portrait I did have to take this apart to get the motion working ... works fine now ... well for now anyway

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

so i wish i lived by you, i love the black portrait one but no one around here knows how to fix things like this. and yeah, i love garage sales soooo much. and do you realize we're just at the start of the season. yipee!!!!!!!!!! as good as after halloween sales.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
71, i am surprised your thrift stores don't. i collect dolls, and i read in a doll magazine when you go to garage sales you need to mention you were looking for dolls. so maybe when you go to a garage sale just put the thought in their head, oh, no halloween? maybe this will make something rattle. it has worked for me.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Wow .. quite a haul there ! don't ya just love Garage sales !!!

Yes, The skull column in the pic does light up - the wife was keen for me to get this to put on the porch.

As for the black portrait I did have to take this apart to get the motion working ... works fine now ... well for now anyway
I have some of those items! One year I removed the light in the skull column and turned it into a fountain with red water. I got several of the black portraits years ago when CVS clearanced them really cheap. I line my hallway with them so that as people go to the bathroom they all pop out at them....WHEN they decide to work that is :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have never been lucky enough to find anything halloween related at a garage sale. The best thing I have gotten at a garage sale for my haunt is a mirror.

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Nice finds you two! I can't wait to get some yard-saling in this year...especially the Rt. 60 sale!

I had been given a bunch of Halloween stuff a few years ago and most of it was too cutesy for my taste so I put what I didn't want in a yard sale two weeks ago. A lady came in and bought the entire lot, really without even looking to see what was there. She was just happy to find Halloween decorations!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts