Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Congrats! We hacked one of those a few years ago. I checked out all the tutorials back then and found this one to be one of the best. Very easy to follow with good pics and descriptions.

Talking Skull

Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

MsM

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
nice find bethie, what are you going to do with your treee? i see meeps posted an interesting tuitorial. is that going to be a new project?
i have one of those trees, and even though i'm not as into christmas, my grandchildren want to keep the tree. lol

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Argh!...

I have got to get one...

No-one over here sells them...

None on ebay yet....

MsM> where did you get yours?

Ruggerz

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice find!!!

I hit a few garage sales over the weekend and scored a box full of props for $10.00. I got a couple of lamps, a talking witch, some caution tape, a bunch of little stuff. In all about 15 to 20 pcs total.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Argh!...

I have got to get one...

No-one over here sells them...

None on ebay yet....

MsM> where did you get yours?

Ruggerz
In Holland back when I first moved here and they were still 'in style'. It was even marked down.
Don't see them anymore though.

MsM

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Ok well last Saturday my eyes opened at 5:30am ( which never happens) and I couldnt go back to sleep, so I said to my husband"Babe get up...lets go check out some garage sales" So we were out by 6:00am. My mission was to look for Halloween props and stuff but no such luck. However,,,,,, we did find a pressure cleaner that sells new for $300.00 and got it for $20.00. Lady didnt think it worked but it started right up. May not seem like a big deal to everyone but when you have a side walk and a wooden fence and some stone walls you always need a pressure cleaner:) Ok Ok I know not Halloween:( but still a great find:)

Now I did find one great copper planter that sits in a cast iron frame. The copper planter is 5 feet long and the detailed cast iron frame is about 4 feet tall. Thought I could do something with this and she only wanted 10 bucks. So I took it home and pressure cleaned:) the frame, then primed it and painted it a great black with metalic over lay. Decided not to shine the copper planter, loved the patina that was there already. After looking at it I decided Im going to use it for a great mini Haunted garden display:) (got the idea of a haunted garden from my girl Pandora:)) Im going to plant all sorts of dark colored leaf plants deep purple and reds. add maybe some sinister looking jack o lanterns that light up from the inside and add a tombstone or maybe just put in the plants two skelly hands sticking out...not sure yet but hey it will be a Halloween display that will be in my front yard and I got it for only 10 bucks:) Hope that lady brings her kid to my house this Halloween so she can see what we did with it:D

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
Oo you could add those skelly fairies voodoo willy here was making :3 They could be doing "work as usual" stuff, like post one on a clear stick and push the stick into the planter so the skelly appears to be flying. Have him carrying an acorn or something full of dead berries or the corn bits thats are colorful. Make it look like hes carrying a heavy load. :) Or other skelly fairys fighting (like pushing each other) on the edge /floor of the planter. Im imagining these as very small, like the garland skellys, a la dead tinkerbell. Could be fun display. I so want to make some skelly fairys like voodoo willys.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Oo you could add those skelly fairies voodoo willy here was making :3 They could be doing "work as usual" stuff, like post one on a clear stick and push the stick into the planter so the skelly appears to be flying. Have him carrying an acorn or something full of dead berries or the corn bits thats are colorful. Make it look like hes carrying a heavy load. :) Or other skelly fairys fighting (like pushing each other) on the edge /floor of the planter. Im imagining these as very small, like the garland skellys, a la dead tinkerbell. Could be fun display. I so want to make some skelly fairys like voodoo willys.

Skelly Fairies!!! I love that idea. I think that would be a great addition to the haunted garden. Just the right size for the planter I found. Thanks. Ill look into those:)

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MsMeeples, thanks, I checked it out, skimmed thru it, will get it printed up and show it to hubby, he has way more tech knowledge than me!
halloweeeinerit varies, some week I see quite a few and go to 8-10 or maybe more , the time I found theh talking dougie, I went to 3, so I never know week to week!
Wow, haunt Joe, you got alot of thigns for the price, a talkin witch!! too cool!
Spooki, hey, what a cool find, and a haunted garden, very cool concept! make sure youo take pics when you are done!!

·
Mistress of the 7 Seas
847 Posts
Hey Beth, that's the same tutorial I used for mine. It was very easy to follow and I'm sure you'll be able to build one too. Then with the other one you have you can have them telling dumb Halloween jokes to each other. That really is great find, they're had to find these days. I still have one myself, every time I think about putting it on e-bay I start getting ideas on how to use it for something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts