Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Get yoursefl one of those BUCKY arms with the hand connected and have the POINTER finger pointing downwards . Might be the right length and would look REALLY good ( also , distress the clock a little - I know that might be a little hard , since thats one of those plastic clocks , and add some glue cobbies to the inside of the pendulum glass area and around the face and such , and wha-la ...

Nice finds , ALL of them !

·
Registered
576 Posts
A bleeding heart for the pendulum. Heart prop with fishtank hose inside pumping red fluid over the top as it drips to a recirc pool below. Put a skull on the top with static "following" eyes.

Reverse the clock motor so it goes backwards!

Use skeleton parts to cover the pillar shapes.

Fill the bottom panel with an inscription, "Time to Scare".

·
Registered
86 Posts
How about putting red devil horns on the top of the clock and a "wavy-line" shaped devil's tail for the pendulum? ... the pointy end facing down, of course...

Very jealous of the clock find... congrats!:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually ya'll, the clock is entirely ceramic and the faceplate is a metal sticker. Its two pieces. Those are all great ideas though.
I'm a bit scared of breaking it since I've not seen any others and due to its age. This one says on the back a copyright from '79 and particularly was painted in '81.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm partial to the Pit and the Pendulum look. A swinging axe blade...That is if you can open it up to rework it. I'd be scared of breaking it too it's beautiful.

·
Banned
101 Posts
ceramic ??? Wow .. tahts TWO you got with that bit of info ...
Myself , like Ghoul Friday would never in a million years guessed it to be ceramic .
that IS unique then .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was surprised that nobody there wanted the clock at the auction. Guess the perfect "halloween green" color kinda threw most off. That and it is spectacularly ugly by modern day house decorator standards I suppose. :p At first even I couldn't see the appeal of it until i got a flash of a little skelly guy dancing in it. $2.50 is what i paid since nobody bid on it but me. :D By everyones reactions to it, I think it was the best deal I've ever made. Thanks Ya'll. I see a clock face with spiderwebbing instead of numbers and a bat in its little bellfry in its future possibly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts