Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are posting rules at our Garage Haunt this year...any recommended additions/am I missing anything?

MEDICAL WARNING
INDIVIDUALS WITH LIGHT AND SOUND SENSITIVITY, LUNG, HEART, BACK, ALLERGIC OR OTHER SERIOUS HEALTH CONDITIONS SHOULD NOT PROCEED.

FAIR WARNING: SHALL YOU PERISH AT OUR HAUNT, YOU WILL BE PUT ON DISPLAY AS NEXT YEAR’S NEW ADDITION.

LATE TERM MOTHERS: DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU WANT A HAUNTED HOME BIRTH, ATTENDED BY A ZOMBIE MIDWIFE.

RULES
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1. THIS HAUNT CAN BE EXTREMELY TERRIFYING.
PARENTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN CHILDREN. IF YOU THINK YOUR CHILD IS TOO YOUNG FOR THE HAUNT, DO NOT LET THEM PROCEED.

2. THIS IS A NO-CONTACT HOUSE. DO NOT TOUCH THE CREATURES AND THEY WILL NOT TOUCH YOU!
DO NOT TOUCH WALLS, LIGHTS, SPEAKERS, OR ANY OTHER PROPS.

3. NO SMOKING, LIGHTERS, VAPING, OR MATCHES PERMITTED.

4. WALKING ONLY. NO RUNNING OR PUSHING ANYWHERE IN THE HAUNT.
LOUDLY SCREAMING IN TERROR IS PERMITTED…

5. NEVER. NEVER. NEVER USE FLASHLIGHTS, CAMERAS, CELL PHONES AS A LIGHT SOURCE!!
THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY & THE SAFETY OF THOSE LURKING IN THE HAUNT.

6. NO VIDEO OR FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! (SEE RULE 5)

7. KEEP MOVING FORWARD TOWARD THE EXIT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TURN AROUND AND BACKTRACK THROUGH THE HAUNT. THIS COULD BE DANGEROUS.

THE SCARE VICTIM (GUEST) VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS/DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS ATTRACTION.

AGAIN, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
(THE OWNERS OF BARBER FEARFEST RESERVE THE RIGHT TO USE ANY PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEOGRAPHY THEY CAPTURE DURING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ATTRACTION.)​

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I would definitely post as a separate stand alone sign about the very fer reelz medical warning about flashing lights and sound sensitivity. I wouldn't have any humorous additions on that one because it does cover a serious issue. Maybe simply: ATTENTION: THIS HAUNT HAS STROBE/FLASHING LIGHTS, THEATRICAL FOG, AND LOUD NOISES. You don't need to say more than that or allude to any specific medical conditions.

I would do some serious trimming and avoid redundancy wherever I could (who wants to read all night?!)

i.e.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TURN AROUND AND BACKTRACK THROUGH THE HAUNT. THIS COULD BE DANGEROUS.

would become:

DO NOT BACK-TRACK.

Maybe also delete the mention of late term mothers. It's funny, but some people might be sensitive about that one- or not want to explain the meaning to their younger children. "Daddy, what's a midwife?"

Love the one about becoming part of next year's display and being permitted to scream in terror!

I'd also have a separate video sign with no humorous additions. Here is an example from Comic-Con:

event recording.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent tips about keeping it simple, losing the redundancy and doing separate signs!!

(I guess being a part of a midwifery community I humbly disagree with that note. haha)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent tips about keeping it simple, losing the redundancy and doing separate signs!!

(I guess being a part of a midwifery community I humbly disagree with that note. haha)
I would definitely post as a separate stand alone sign about the very fer reelz medical warning about flashing lights and sound sensitivity. I wouldn't have any humorous additions on that one because it does cover a serious issue. Maybe simply: ATTENTION: THIS HAUNT HAS STROBE/FLASHING LIGHTS, THEATRICAL FOG, AND LOUD NOISES. You don't need to say more than that or allude to any specific medical conditions.

I would do some serious trimming and avoid redundancy wherever I could (who wants to read all night?!)

i.e.

would become:

DO NOT BACK-TRACK.

Maybe also delete the mention of late term mothers. It's funny, but some people might be sensitive about that one- or not want to explain the meaning to their younger children. "Daddy, what's a midwife?"

Love the one about becoming part of next year's display and being permitted to scream in terror!

I'd also have a separate video sign with no humorous additions. Here is an example from Comic-Con:

View attachment 491329

1 - 4 of 4 Posts