Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.

Please, don't get too pissed at me, but I didn't where else to post this. I am figuring that a good chunk of us enjoyed the "Lord of the Rings trilogy" (and who isn't afraid of a good Orc costume?). And I just heard the news story last night on NPR radio. This movie was made my fans and it looks as good at the original movies!! It is FREE, in HD!!! and available on line starting this Sunday. It's 40 minutes long and has live look-alike actors and awesome CGI. Here's the link to the AWESOME trailer: Movies - High-Def 'Hunt For Gollum,' New Lord Of The Fanvids : NPR.

I know what I'll be doing Sunday.

Best wishes!

-Doc

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found this on line:

"Jackson will shortly be producing The Hobbit, his own prequel to LOTR, to be directed by Guillermo del Toro. Del Toro will also direct a second movie that will attempt to bridge The Hobbit's childlike sensibility with the darker tones of the main trilogy.

Del Toro has been cagey about what, exactly, that second film will be about, but he's hinted that he'll be looking to the saga's (many, voluminous) appendices for material. And if the goal is to really to link The Hobbit to The Fellowship of the Ring, it's hard, if not impossible, to to imagine that the hunt for Gollum won't be a major part of that second film.

Of course, Jackson may not be worried about getting his thunder stolen by what a bunch of fans playing dress-up managed to slap together in the woods for a few thousand quid.

On Sunday, we'll get to decide how worried he should be."

·
Registered
157 Posts
After just viewing the trailer, I doubt Jackson will be quaking in his boots. But it does look like a well-done labor of love, and, for fans of Middle-Earth lore, more to immerse one's self in.

I can only imagine the distribution deal nightmare, though... If anybody makes a dime off this it may well set some fur flying among the copyright holders...

Should be very interesting...

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
THANK YOU Partsman :)

Okay, had to do some serious calculations. On the website it has the time as 16:00 GMT (what the hell is that?! :p) I determined that in Kansas City (Central) that means 11:00 am Sunday.

The more I think about it though, I don't think I'll have to be online per se at 11:00 am, it just means it will become available after that time. I hope I right about that :eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Movie

Impressive!
The trailer says that it will premiere at two festivals on Sunday, but will be online on Tuesday.

I just watched it today at 1:30 pm. (Sunday). Very nice job these folks did on a $4,500 budget. You can only watch via feed, not a download.

-Doc

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
WOW! I must say that was very very impressive indeed. They did a great job on that. Thank you so much for sharing the info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts