Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking out the fright catalog site and saw that they have $0.01 auctions on ebay. Lots of cool masks and costumes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ya there's lots of good stuff they have available.

just a word of warning to anyone that looks into buying any of them.... as with all ebay transactions ALWAYS CHECK THE COST OF SHIPPING BEFORE YOU BID.

especially on penny listings

sellers on ebay know what they are doing. a lot of penny listings sound tempting, but odds are the seller has their own sale price covered just in shipping.

i saw one penny item frightcatalog was listing had a $20 shipping price. $20!!! for a mask. which is the price of a lot of masks in the first place.

so anyway... be careful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have gotten several items from Fright Catalog on the ebay website. The masks and costumes that I have looked at or bought, had $9.99 shipping for the first item and $4.00 an item after that, when you combine the purchases. The shipping is super fast. My order has always been correct and even with shipping, the items I bought were 1/2 or less than retail.

The only things that I have seen that had higher shipping costs, were items that had to be shipped by themselves either because of size or the possiblity of getting damages. I am very happy with my purchases and I have ordered from them for at least 3 years. I have bought things from their website, but look forward to their penny auctions. I would recommend them.

I know that quite a few sellers make up their sale prices with high shipping cost, but in my opinion if you buy more than one item from FC, then I think it is reasonable. Especially with the customer service you receive.

I always check out shipping costs on any website before I place an order because there are other places besides ebay that have high cost. To check out shipping costs before hand, is good advice UknowMyname

·
Registered
387 Posts
Everything i've bought from them has been on ebay. Shipping is indeed high. But, i always try to get a couple things at one time that way i can get the discounted shipping. It is $9 for most of their items. It can be higher on a few, so you have to pay attention. They do, as mentioned, give subsequent items you buy a shipping discount of $4. Even with the higher shipping, i've still gotten all of my items well below the normal price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts