Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this over on one of my typical blogs i browse daily:

The Presurfer: Shelves For Life

thought this would be the kinda crowd that would appreciate it.

Would be handy way to store your coffins me thinks :D

ps: is it wrong of me to be proud that its a British invention lol

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Awesome! They showed those on the news a few years back... one site had everything, shelves, coffee tables, benches, I don't remember which it was through.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Not a bad idea, but i was kinda hopin i could get mine as a pop up prop.

·
Registered
576 Posts
lol - at first I thought it was a pre-used coffin turned into a shelf for sentimental reasons. To my surprise it's your final resting place looking at you every day, asking, "Is it time, yet?"

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im curious to see how easy it'd be to make one by yourself... probably save you plenty o' ££££'s!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol - at first I thought it was a pre-used coffin turned into a shelf for sentimental reasons. To my surprise it's your final resting place looking at you every day, asking, "Is it time, yet?"
I suppose it would be super efficient and nice of you if you died at home, all they'd have to do is roll you into your shelf come coffin unit! ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shelf is ugly I would rather just have the coffin in my house...wait, I do. Plus I don't want to be buried in plywood.
I personally quite like how it looks!

but yeah im with you on the plywood though, not the most attractive wood but i guess you'll be dead anyways...

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Plywood is "green" isn't it unless you were to stain and varnish and all that?? I don't care what I get buried in, they can toss me in the ground as is for all I care :p

·
Registered
574 Posts
Plywood wouldn't be my first choice for a coffin, but I can see how the inventor was going for strength in the shelving use, as opposed to beauty in perpetuity.

I'm sure that most of you would agree that our clueless relatives would probably either not figure out that the shelf is a coffin kit, not have the skill to assemble the coffin if they did know the shelf was a coffin kit, or would just write a check for a "real" casket to bury the body because it's "easier".

Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts