Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Mom (83) is in a Care Center, recovering from a UTI, which causes some confusion.
At Thanksgiving, my Aunt approaches me, " I know you get a lot of kids for Halloween, but your Mom said you had over 300, she must have gotten that wrong!", No Auntie, that she got right, 375 full size candy bars, so a safe number is 325-350 TOTers. Now, I have to think of how many staffers she told at the Care Center, "my son had over 300 tricker treaters for Halloween", who left shaking their heads, "this Lady is really out of it!" :D

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There is a form of telling a lie that simply tells the truth, but then they don't believe you.
" Where were you with the car last night James?"
"I was parked out , I had three girls with me.'
"Sure you did." (I did) Mom didn't believe a word. We just sat and talked, which is the truth.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
I wonder why they didn't believe that. that is weird to me. a lot of people have more tot than that. I understand how she got confused about some stuff though.
my mom was 94 years old. she told one of the rn's and my daughter at the care center she was in that she had 4 children, but only one was still alive. I said to my daughter I hoped it was me that was still alive. lol. all us children are still alive. I think she confused the fact that she had 3 siblings, and she was the only one still alive.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Some people just won't or don't want to believe anything you tell them or show them , even when you prove it to them.
Example:"What do you do for a living the rest of the year after October?"
Answer:"This is all I do, but we are open every night of the entire year."
"Who would want to come to a Haunted House the rest of the year ?"
"Enough do to make it worth while.'
"You're probably selling dope too.'
"No. I don't believe in that stuff and I sure am not selling it!"
"So we can't come in your house and smoke some dope?"
"No you can not, I think it's time you left."
("All those teenagers come here because he gives them free BEER!" )
NOPE, no beer either,just sober but wacky entertainment for your ticket price.. for these last 27 years.
(The previous conversations were true.. because some people just will not believe anything, and maybe they are somewhat stupid too?) "GGGRR!"

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Had 300 kids." School is starting expense list: 300 pairs of shoes, 150 pair of Nikes
$150 for the ones beginning driver's training
$200 for each one wanting to participate in Sports
Class books!?
Home-schooling looks very attractive about then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts