Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Hope your holidays went well!

As I've mentioned before, we bought our house over the summer, and it's a bit of a fixer-upper. Since my fiancee is laid off for a few weeks (he's an outdoor laborer), he decided to work on a few things around here, including building some shelves to line the garage wall.

We don't spend a lot of time in the garage, because it's not attached to the house. We've been using it for storage for now, but he's fixing it up so that we can park in it, too. We noticed a couple of days ago, that there's an access panel in the ceiling. It's a very roughly made ceiling, kind of thrown together, not really "finished".

He's been out there working, and I went out to run an errand. When I came back, he's kind of huffy puffy and motioning for me to come into the garage. He said "You didn't tell me that you knew about the access panel before!" I said I didn't notice it till he pointed it out. He said "No, you've been in there, there's tombstones up here!"

Apparently one of the previous owners of the house left two foam tombstones and a few home-made wooden ones up there, along with a wooden "Enter if You Dare" sign, and a sign with their last name on it. :)

How funny is that?

Also funny--I bought a bag of Christmas ornaments at Goodwill not too long ago (there were some old St. Nick eggs in there that I HAD to have), and in the mix was an ornament that was home-made, and I swear that was the same last name on it! I had looked up the name on FB, thinking that maybe they didn't mean to donate the ornaments, and might want them back. I never did find them, though. I put them in a bag in the basement, and now I can't find the bag...but when I do, I will double check the name, for sure!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, he thought I hid them as a joke, because I was hiding creatures around the house when we first moved in. :)

It is a perfect fit for sure! I just wonder if they had a cemetery in the yard when the funeral home across the street was still in operation. I can't decide if that would be tacky, or not!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Do you realize this is the plot of a horror movie?
The previous owners are still there!
Hope when some of their followers visit in the middle of a moon less night they don't mistake you and yours as those previous people!
(Could you hear the backround music beginning to quietly play as you read this?)
A disembodied voice now says'"Get out while you still can!... and don't touch my tombstones, either!"
hahaah!
Some elderly citizens of this small village warned me not to buy this house because it was... Haunted!"
I guess they didn't realize I was buying it to make it into a Haunted House!
I'm a pretty lazy guy, huh?

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,102 Posts
A voice from beyond also says....dont touch my extension cords, or my bulbs!:D

Now we just need a title for the movie. Gym

Lair- I think we just handed you your theme for 2014.;):cool:

Do you realize this is the plot of a horror movie?
The previous owners are still there!
Hope when some of their followers visit in the middle of a moon less night they don't mistake you and yours as those previous people!
(Could you hear the backround music beginning to quietly play as you read this?)
A disembodied voice now says'"Get out while you still can!... and don't touch my tombstones, either!"
hahaah!
Some elderly citizens of this small village warned me not to buy this house because it was... Haunted!"
I guess they didn't realize I was buying it to make it into a Haunted House!
I'm a pretty lazy guy, huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts