Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the progress I have made on my Funeral Coach so far. The whole things breaks down into about 14 pieces for easy moving and storage. I plan on adding the windows and curtains tomorrow and then will go on to more detailing and the eletrical. After this is done, I will be building a horse to go with it.

IMG_4404 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks great! I have been thinking about building one of these for awhile, but can't figure out the best way to store it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt take pictures of the build as I did it but it breaks down into the 4 walls, top and bottom pieces, the 4 molding sections around the top and the wheels. It will still take up a far amount of storage space but I love the look of it. The horse will be another matter. I dont see a way to break a horse apart. Good thing the in-laws have a pasture with horse stalls!

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
That is amazing! I love it and the gold details and purple fabric just brings it to the next level. What a great idea to use the iron spindles. It took me a second to recognize them.

Now, I hope you store your horse in the in-laws stalls. Imagine the shocked looks when people pass by the stalls: Horse...horse....skeleton horse WHAAAA?!?!

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaddyWoffDawg, I like the horse skeleton but it does not say what the size of the model is...do you have any idea?

MadMike, it is static...I didnt see any reason to be able to make it roll. It's not like I am going to be pulling it around and I dont have a place large enough to roll it into so the wheels just attach to those side support members.

F

·
0 Posts
Gawlee, that is a beautiful funeral coach. Very nice attention to details...love the purple fabric.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Wow. I am humbled by your commitment to storing it!

I sat in my garage today perplexed about how to fit all our crap in the house!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 32'x16' building that I use for constructing and storage. I have also added a 4'x 32' extention on the back of that building to serve as a walk through on Halloween and for storage on the off season. The coach also breaks down into about 13 different pieces and will store in a pretty tight space all things considered. I now have all of the glass in place and will work on getting the fabric in place as soon as it warms up a bit.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Homestead Haunt, that is one beautiful coach. I too, love the fabric and all the details. That's what takes a prop to a higher level and you certainly achieved that. Can't wait to see it complete. Thanks!

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
That's so cool! Not only does it looks awesome assembled, but you can put it away easily and not make other people look at it all year!
DaddyWoffDawg, I like the horse skeleton but it does not say what the size of the model is...do you have any idea?
The horse appears to be a computer model, so I think the size is irrelevant.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The coach lights on the sides of the driver will have flicker bulbs in them just for affect. I have not found the light I want to use for the inside yet. I first need to decide whether I want the light inside to be seen through the rear doors. The outside will be lit with floods I believe. That can all change once it gets set in place. I really looking forward to getting the horse started.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts