Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend, Peter, builds very sophisticated Halloween displays. As a special FX engineer (who worked for Disney studio for 12+ years) he doesn't do anything that is less than "movie quality." That said, those projects can get expensive.

Peter came across an interesting funding source called Kickstarter.com and is giving it a try. It's kind of late in the year but those that do charity haunts and similar venues might consider using Kickstarter next year.

Here's Peter's project on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163328321/halloween-2010-journey-from-the-center-of-the-eart

This is what Peter is hoping to build this year:

The screw will rotate, the rings below the screw will counter-rotate, smoke will billow forth, there may be a laser vortex in the mix, and, of course, it will be piloted by the skeleton and skeletal raven comedy duo (see Peter's web site for past shows with these two clowns).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I saw this on a blog or website somewhere- he definitely has some great displays and I wish him luck with his fund raising. Unfortunately I could use some fund raising for myself this year! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts