Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The better 3/4 was rooting around in the attic for non Halloween related stuff and ran across a bag of masks. I was quite taken by one of them.Neither of us have any idea where it came from nor how long ago.
It started out as a full overhead mask but just made no sense to me that way so I thought I would mod it into something else It was overall a dull gray and just kind of blah. A bit of paint,some eyeballs,stuffing in the arms and a styro head and presto!....just in time for St Patricks. A little green imp I'm going to try and give it a little animation maybe make it shake and jump a little.

IMG_0135_zps2whaqyyb.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Some youngsters complain they can't afford a really nice, or scary, or original mask (I can't either!) So i share my idea with some of them.
buy the cheapest mask you can find. Now turn it inside out and begin cutting, sewing , painting it. Nobody will have a mask like it!
(Which can even go towards making it seem much scarier to many others! )

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's a pretty cool little little imp you've got there. I think it was made by Don Post Studios and was sold by Walmart in 2009. Is this what it looked like before?

Mask_1.jpg
Photo and info courtesy of The Original Matt Post

And I too enjoy giving cheap masks new life. Some of the sculpts can be great, but terrible production will make them look terrible.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,100 Posts
Cleetus the Feetus....:D

That Tumblr has now made me late for work. Bookmarking it!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evil Elf
Yep that's the guy. I don't shop at Wally World so someone must have left it here. Thanks for the ID.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts