Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge amount of "FUN" here, but today I Had to do some of the "Not Fun" stuff. It was cleaning off three outdoor work benches.
As I dug down through the pile of wood and steel scraps, random pieces of things, tiny and large pieces of what were going to be things, I truly felt like an archeologist examining the primitive Jim Warfield work site ("Where's my Grant money for thi$ ? )
It got kind of depressing as I found several parts of once ambitious projects hidden under the pile of scraps.
Into the wheel barrow across the yard to the small trailer hooked to the Jeep and away to my Dad's old garage 4 blocks away, where I will have to somehow find or make "Room" within it's walls.
I did a lot of work cutting and drilling steel bars for a trailer to hold my new Parking Lot sign.. so what happened?
A new roof on the house had to happen, then a second smaller roof has yet to Happen.. along with a whole big bunch of other stuff that is Always there, needing to happen.
Yes I was in High School in the 60s but this is a different kind of "Happening"!
I'm on-line typing right now because I really can't do a great many things here when I'm open for house tours, as I am, right now.........
I have always had more than one project going at the same time. Maybe I should try to change that, but everyday there is yard work and other drains upon my time and energy.....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Redoing the lighting in ALL my pumpkins seemed like it would be fun but then there was the discovery of SO MANY SPIDERS that I had to evict and now I am maybe halfway through it's just tedious and I don't wanna. Hot glue burns, running out of lights and not having the budget to get more yet, and all that cutting little doors in the bottoms to insert everything. Urgh. Blargh. I just can't seem to make myself get back to it. NOT FUN.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lilibat, draw a circle bigger than a golf ball but smaller than a baseball. sort of in between these two sizes of circles would be the size of Spiders (the tips of their legs fully extended) I have seen here on my property, sometimes inside the house. I was told they migrate up here from the little river below the cliff this house is on, do their egg-laying (Whatever?) and return to the more moist, more friendly realms so close but yet so far away.
When "Wild Chicago" was filming here two big Spiders were filmed walking across the wine cellar ceiling. I was asked by the camera man to get "In the shot" by leaning forward as he was on the floor shooting "Up".
As the film rolled I pointed up and said. "Spiders don't hurt anybody." then I grabbed my neck and screamed ! Then I quit screaming and laughed and this was also recorded for playback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts