Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! For those of you who pass out full sized bars, I was wondering where you purchase them, and where you think the best deal is? I know that Wal Mart and Target sell them in packages (25-32 count-different varities). Do you think thats the best way to buy them? I like that the packs have different brands-twix, reeses, hersheys... Looking for the best deal. TIA :D

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
For years I was purchaser for our high school football concession stands and the best price anywhere on candy was Sam's Club. You'll pay around .40 a bar if you buy the 36 ct. boxes.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Yep, Sams Club and Costco are your best bets. Just bought us our first 210 bars the other day thanks to a $100 anonymous donation for that purpose.

It's payday again, time to go back for another 200...then mix in some big grab bags chips I've found to be extremely popular (plus it's cheaper), and we might try a bit of soda into the mix this year as well.
:D

Keep an eye on the cases, though. SOME of the assortment packs are cheaper than a full case of a particular bar, SOME are vice versa. Keep an eye on it, and take a calculator (unless you're real quick at math).

·
Registered
336 Posts
We don't get many TOTs here, I either buy full size or king size, I've never bought more than 15 of them! This year so far I've picked up a few BOGO king size bars and some "bonus size" from the grocery store for 2/$1.

I am a coupon clipper and sale shopper though. I wouldn't pay more than .50 each for them. Lots of stores, even like walgreens or rite aid and grocery stores, will put them on sale for bogo and 2 or 3 for $1.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
True, I suppose if you're not needing 600 of the things, that's the way to go. It would take me ages to fill my needs that way. Though it might be hilarious to clear out an entire store's checkout stands into one cart...just for the looks I'ld get. Costco does honor some coupons, and we managed to get a couple cases with some $5 off coupons that really helped.

I know Maveric gas stations (don't know how nation wide those are) typically get some pretty decent sales around this time of year on the candy.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The bars are still Bogo whether you're buying 2 bars or 6 cases, I don't see why they should give you a problem about it. Especially if you're buying that many, it sure helps to save $ on them.
I know when my grocery store puts them on sale for 3/$1, they put out a HUGE display of them, it's not like you'd wipe out their stock buying 400 bars

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I've only seen 2/1$ around here, which still makes Costo's ~$.40 ea cheaper. So far.

There MIGHT have been some better deals on regular hershey bars back in smores weather a while back that I missed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I started stocking up about 3 months ago when Publix had their 30 count boxes 2 : 1. That put a big dent in what I needed. After that Target had a coupon on candy bars last month which I used for singles. Another little helpful source is Hershy's friday chocolate relief act. I've gotten about 10 coupons from them so far for free candy bars.

Out of all of this stock only one has been sacrificied to the Lord Pumpmkin so that the others might survive (which isn't bad for my willpower vs that amount of chocolate).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Costco has a coupon for the mix of Baby Ruth/Butterfinger/Nestle 36 count boxes right now. I think there was a limit of 2, but every bit helps.

We bought some of the Halloween sodas last year from Target, but I thought they were disgusting, so they ended up in the mix of candy for the teens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts